- advertisement -

Football workouts...here we go again...

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by VinceysMom, Jun 6, 2011.

1. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Well, Vince has his first football work out this morning, weight lifting, started at 6:30 goes until 9 am.

My husband and I feel like we are going thru those early diagnosis stages again... we just don't know how much insulin he will need with breakfast before he goes, etc. It will be trial and error for us for the next week probably.

I looked at my notes from last year, our first year dx playing football, and he was on at 1:20 ratio! Now he is normally 1:6 for breakfast... So we tried 1:8 today because of the increased exercise; lowered the Lantus as of two days ago because of lows from so much baseball practice and so far that seems to be working.

I know weight lifting will make him go high from adrenaline, but I'm not 100% sure how his body will react this time around, but I remember he would come crashing down some days after about 2 hours at home. I know we have to be conservative on any corrections, but now I get nervous again just waiting to see what happens. We will be taking good notes again this year and try to figure it all out.

Thanks for listening.:cwds:

Kathy