- advertisement -

Football fans...keep in mind when going to stadium

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We recently went to Gillette Stadium (Foxboro) and while we weren't denied access, we saw the signs stating that policies would be changing. Something to keep in mind if you happen to be bringing D supplies to any NFL stadium... We go to UConn games (Go Huskies! season ticket holders) and I'll be researching if the policies have changed here too. I do know no backpacks, whatever the size, but string gym bags were allowed.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...tte-tonight/RQbXF89gCqCSbaCoG3WPjM/story.html

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

The NFL said there would be an exception to the rule for medical supplies. Also, the Patriots Proshop sells the see through bags (both string and pouch bags) that meet the new NFL policy requirements.

3. Beach bum

Yes, you have to seek out a supervisor to be granted access. So, it may be that you have to stand aside and wait if there is not a designated line.

LOL, of course they are going to sell those see through bags...make $$$ any way they can!

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

We went to Gillette for a concert. It was just Matt and I, but I had asked what they do if someone with diabetes comes through because they were making people throw out gum, tic tacs, water etc. they said you'd need a drs note or you can't bring that stuff in. I will never go back to that stadium for anything. The $7 sodas where they take your cap, so it doesn't become a projectile...umm, you sell GLASS bottles of beer, yet you are worried about a bottle cap, ya right. Theyre hoping you spill it or it goes flat and people will buy more. Requiring a drs note is just ridiculous. I didn't even bother to try to get Taylor Swift tickets for there because I didn't want to deal with that stadium. I had to tell the girls is was sold out.

5. Beach bum

This is pretty much going to be the norm though for all stadiums. NFL is changing their policies, and it probably will just be easier to have a standard set of rules for all events. Luckily it will be a long time before we go to another concert!

6. ksartain

ksartain Approved members

We went to the ECU game last Saturday. They let us in with Christopher's thermal bag with all his supplies, two bottles of water, juice boxes, and Smarties. The lady checking bags saw his Medic Bracelet and his insulin and told us to go on through. She said "I have the sugar, too. You all go on in and enjoy the game. Stay safe little man." It was sweet. We were worried about getting in with all that.