- advertisement -

Fixed prime on 6mm Mio?????

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by twicker1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. twicker1

twicker1 Approved members

We are about to use a Mio that Medtronic sent us to try, but I didn't think about the fixed prime until right now when we are about to put it in! :eek: I tried looking on the internet, and only found two people debating it either being .3 or .5...

2. twicker1

Nevermind... found it on MM website. .3

3. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Glad you found it--that's what I would have guessed. Let us know how the mio does for you. My daughter, also like your son has used the sils but we recently went and tried the quick-sets again. Started out pumping with them but bailed on them pretty quickly and now not sure whether it was the sets or the fact that our basals weren't figured out.

We also have 2 mios to try---my daughter (almost 13) has a hard time inserting the sil but no issue whatsoever with the quick-set and is looking for a little more independence. It's amazing how much easier site changes are with the straight in set. I'm assuming the mios would be just as easy to insert.

Good luck!

4. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

The Mios can be tricky and have a learning curve with making sure the sets stick to the skin whilst removing the needle. But once you master it, they are just as easy as he quick sets.

5. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Thanks! Good to know. If and when we try we will be very careful. Probably will stay with the quick-sets for now.

6. Denise

Denise Approved members

we have been using Mios since they came out and have had no troubles what-so-ever. No problems w/ the set sticking at any point...ever.

7. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

We use insets - same thing, different company. At one point, we did have a tough time with them sticking, but we started to pull them off slowly by gripping the center part of the plastic, instead of the surrounding colored ring. Never had another issue.

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

actually insets and mios are made by the same company.. unomedical.. insets are made for animas and mios for MM. :)

9. twicker1

Well, so far, so good. Woke up at 159, but that is WAY better than he has been in the past couple of months. We've had a huge issue with the Sils since February. I think we got a bad batch, but MM hasn't seemed to have had any complaints, so... don't know.

He ALWAYS yells when we put the Sil in, but last night we had to insert TWO Mios (user error), and he did them both with not even a peep! Our issue is lack of body fat, but it went in nicely, and I can't wait to see if the canula comes out straight.

Only other issue is that they sent me two sample packs of PINK mios. Oops! And I didn't think he would even consider using it, but he couldn't wait to do it. (He wants me to call and see if we can exchange the other two for blue :D)

10. swimmom

swimmom Approved members

We like the Mios too, but also had to get used to pulling out the needle without pulling the set back off. I kind of hold the tape now when I pull the needle out.

We were also unsuccessful with the 6mm sets (they just bounced off her), but do great with the 9mm. There's more tubing to deal with, but that doesn't bother Lauren.

11. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

Abbey likes the MIOs when we use her arms, we use 6mm. FYI, minimed now has IV3000 with cutouts for the MIOs, sils and sureT's. We just ordered them.

12. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Yeah, sorry I didn't phrase that very well. I meant the insets are for animas pumps and mios are for MM pumps. :)

13. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Sadly--we cried "uncle" on the quick-sets and went back to the silhouettes. Actually it isn't a negative--they just seem to work the best for us and we'll have to work on getting her more comfortable in inserting them.

How are the Mios working out for you?