- advertisement -

First year with D

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by BCmom, Mar 17, 2010.

1. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

Today is the Anniversary....

I plan on doing special pampering for Em and maybe go to a movie with her.
    It has been a very difficult year, but we now know life goes on.

She is very aware of the anniversary... but mostly because she is apologetic that my birthday is in two days and she says she wants this years birthday to be special for me because last year's was spent in the hospital with her...
    I told her my gift is that she is healthy and that we have insulin... OK I'm going to go and have a little cry now..

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Im sending you a big (((hug))) while you cry:cwds: You have done so well this past year! I know its the hardest one of all. Not only are you dealing with the shock of diagnosis but have to just jump in the fray of diabetes, no time to sit back and let it sink in.

Happy birthday to you 2 days early:) This will be a special birthday for you because Em is here and shes healthy and happy and doing the things she wants to do. Great job Mom!

3. Mikker

Mikker Approved members

Happy D-Day Em!! Well done family!!

4. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Hugs and Happy Birthday!

5. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Happy Birthday, HUGS, and congrats on raising such a sweet, considerate girl.

You both deserve pampering.

6. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

This is a day to recognize what has been accomplished this past year and celebrate your daughter's courage! It is really a roller coaster ride, physically and emotionally. Way to go mom and Emm!

7. Toni

Toni Banned

Happy birthday. Hope Em had a nice time celebrating how far she has come with D this year. I know it is bittersweet.... Beautiful picture of your daughter; she looks like an angel.

8. Kateri's Mom

Kateri's Mom Approved members

We had our one yr anniversary on October...we had a girls day...lunch at her restaurant of choice and pedicures!! It was very special, and my sister happened to be visiting from Arizona so she came with us too. That day was a happy/sad day, happy she was strong and healthy but sad that we have had to endure the "bumps" in the road (knowing there would be more in the coming year) I definitely underestimated her strength! Kids are so tuff.

9. CButler

CButler Approved members

That first year anniversery is an emotional one. Congratulations for all the hard work in getting through a year!