- advertisement -

First night on Glyburide = Hello Glucagon

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Monogenic Diabetes' started by MrsSM, Apr 13, 2011.

1. MrsSM

MrsSM Approved members

Well we've made the switch to Glyburide and so far not been a fun transition. Night #1 resulted in mini dose glucagon, night #2 didn't quite get low enough for mini dose but pretty close. Now we're giving .25mg doses and even that is taking sugars way down. Looks like the honeymoon period is quickly closing in on us. Her daddy's was 4 years long so here's hoping like father like daughter.

Also grandpa is getting tested too and looks like we might have 3 generations with the KIR 6.2 mutation.

My husband, his dad and our daughter.

2. redcurls3

redcurls3 Approved members

Hi MrsSM,

I am Christy from the blog babieswithdiabetes.com You can contact me through a PM on here or you can send me an e-mail. My e-mail address is redcurls3@yahoo.com Welcome to the Neonatal Diabetes group. We have several families who are multigenerational and one family in particular who are multigenerational with transient ND (goes away in infancy and comes back, which is what it sounds like your family may have) and they also have the Kir6.2 gene (also referred to as KCNJ11 in some literature). Please feel free to contact me and if you haven't already gotten onto the e-mail group through the U of Chicago study, let me know and I can get in contact with the admin to get you on. Hope tonight goes better for you. I know all about lows. We've been dealing with them a lot lately.