- advertisement -

Finding Gel Skins for Dex G4

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by joy orz, Dec 15, 2012.

1. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

First of all, I LOVE IT!!!! Beyond fantastic to be able to fold laundry in the basement while Ava is sleeping on the 2nd floor and have the signal nice and strong.

I can't wait to see how it does with gymnastics. Her 7+ would loose the signal in different spots on the gym, but I'm guessing this will reach her no matter where she is.

The leather case is annoying though. Anyone find a gel skin to fit it?

2. Dan

Dan Approved members

We have not found a fell skin ye. Currently we are using an SPI belt during the day at school. He also plays baseball and so far I hold the G4 during practices. He can be hitting while I am in left field shagging balls and we don't lose signal.

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

HA HA, I don't even understand the case it came with. Such a pretty little CGM and this UGLY case that has a clip make of cytonite and a snapping thingy that is useless because of the clip.

I wish the made a neoprene case with soft belt loops or something.

4. Mish

Mish Approved members

I noticed the other day that Kerri Sparling found a vera bradley case that fits...

5. Lee

Lee Approved members

Ooh...you are her friend on FB - can you ask her which one it is?

6. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

I really liked the silicone gel skins that fit the old one. It gave it more bounce and grip so it would be protected.

I'm thinking an Ipod skin should fit it, but there are a zillion out there on the internet and I don't know which size would match best.

7. alismom

alismom Approved members

If anyone finds a gel skin that works ,let me know !!!!

8. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

9. lmf1122

lmf1122 Approved members

I looked up the dimensions of the ipod nano (all generations) and I'm pretty sure they are all smaller than the G4, so I don't think a nano case will work.

I just bought a fabric pump pouch with a removeable add-on pouch for the G4.

Someone posted on another thread about using this Vera Bradley id case for the G4: http://www.verabradley.com/product/Zip-ID-Case/154781.uts

10. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Oh, ha ha. I have that case already. You could cut out one of the sleeves and it fits.

But I really really want a gel skin. Pout.

11. buggle

buggle Approved members

Everyone else seems to make skins for D devices. I have no idea why Dexcom doesn't. They could get a few more $$ out of each of us if they would.

12. natallia

natallia Approved members

wow. this is just what I was doing last weekend: seaching the mall from top to the bottom for a little silicone phone/ipod nano cover that would fit the dex. ours is already all scrached up. No luck. the black case it comes with is real ugly. something my grandpa would carry his phone in. and its heavier then the dex itself. what a joke. :)

13. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

Dexcom did for the football style. They charged for them at first and then started sending them with for free. I ordered them in all colors. Maybe they will make them for the new product, or maybe they didn't make enough money on them to bother.

Vera Bradly has an awesome sale on right now, 40% of select colors in store. And they are only 12 bucks reg price!