- advertisement -

Finally found acceptance and peace with my health! - Pump start!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by coldblood676, Dec 6, 2011.

1. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

Hey all, its been so long since iv posted anything up on this forum so i thought id return to talk to you all about my journey.

So in January of this year I was having so much trouble keeping up my control and dedication with my diabetes. All i could think about was how much life sucks with it and how in 2012 being my last year of school its going to completely screw up my studies and in the long run, my whole life.

I tested only about two times a day, when my sugar level was high i didn't correct it, when i had a hypo i left it until the very last minute, i didn't eat good food and i just didn't accept the fact i had diabetes nor did i care.

Then one night around February i was just sitting in bed and i decided that that this would be the end of my bad run with my diabetes. And that is exactly what happened.

And from that small transformation of literally testing twice more everyday and doing a little bit of research on carb counting each night i was able to turn my life around.

Being a practitioner of parkour this also helped me an amazing amount. Having at least some sort of control gave me a better frame of mind and assisted me to overcome obstacles that stood in my way. Weather that meant whilst training or whilst at school or even at home. I felt as though nothing could stand in my way and i felt much better about myself.

On September 4th of this year (3rd year anniversary of diabetes) i was talk to my doctor about my diabetes and he asked if i would be interested on going onto an insulin pump, of course i had no idea what this would involved but since i had been having such a good run i told him yes and we began the process. So for the next two months i had to show i could continue to look after myself, this was not an easy job but i managed.

And on December the 5th of this year i was admitted into hospital to be put onto the pump. And i gotta tell you, i have never been more nervous of scared in my whole life! And now, two day on, my life has been turned around. My control is beyond anything that it has been before, i feel more healthy not only physically but mentally as well.

Diabetes is a struggle, it is scary, and it can get us down at times. But when we put our minds to it, we can overcome anything. Even when doctors think we cant, we really can. And i wanted to post this up to prove that diabetes is merely a small obstacle for all of us, and everyone on this forum can get through what ever challenge diabetes puts in there way.

So to everyone who is struggling with there diabetes at the moment. Stick with it and prove to your doctors your better than your best and you can live a life not only as normal as someone with perfect health, but better than someone with perfect health.

God bless you all!

- Luke Saunderson :p

2. beck95

beck95 Approved members

Hey congrats mate!!!! Great to finally see another AUSSIE on here!!! Keep up the good work.:D

3. coldblood676

coldblood676 Approved members

Hehe aussies are just poppin all over the place =D Lovin the weather -.- 33 degrees in ballarat! god help me

-Luke Saunderson