advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Ill

Discussion in 'UK' started by Juliana1245, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Juliana1245

Juliana1245 Approved members

Hey, everyone right now i'm not feeling well my blood sugar was HI it was un readable i knew this because i wasn't feeling well earlier this morning but i still went to school :( in school i was so tired and lost. I knew my blood sugar was HI because my breathing went weird it was shallow and constant i was trying t control it but it just seemed to get worse :(

Anyone felt like this when having high blood sugars ?

2. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

I do not have diabetes, am a parent.

If you have nausea and shallowness of breath, you may be heading for DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis). Please inform you parent/guardian that you do not feel well, that they need to contact your diabetes doctor NOW. Do not wait until the morning.

3. Juliana1245

Thanks but my mum has corrected my blood sugar levels with insulin and the blood sugar is gradually coming down so i feel sort of ok but just feeling tired now even though iv'e slept like through the whole day :)
    Thanks for replying and caring much appreciated x
    Juliana x

4. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

Make sure you check for ketones anyway and drink lots of water. If you have more than moderate to large ketones, you need to check with your doctor to ensure you are doing the proper treatment. I am not an expert,but you could need additional IV fluids to help clear the ketones.

5. Juliana1245

Thanks so much good to know there's people out there that actually care :D

6. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

It wouldn't seem worthwhile to go to school when that high. You could stay home, as you couldn't learn anyway.

7. Juliana1245

I know now because as of now I'm on hospital since tuesday morning w/ DKA,high blood pressure and dehydration , also blood's are acidic so been here since :( getting tired and bored of this place now bleurghhhh