- advertisement -

FB question

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

It used to be to see less of a person, you would just click on the upper right of the post, but that no longer seems to be the solution.

How do you do it now?

For all my FB friends, my friend who loves to talk about packing for Aruba checks in at every possible stop she makes and comments, and it's driving me crazy! If they had a check-in for going to the bathroom, she probably would do it just so people knew she was out doing something:eek:

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

if you click the X next to a post now you get the "hide this post" option. Click that and up pop two more options "Hide all from XXX " or "Unfriend XXX"

Hide all is what you want. You're still friends, just those posts are no longer going to show in your news feed. :)

3. Beach bum

Thanks, ya, don't want to start WWIII by unfriending, but don't need to know every time she stops to get something to eat. I never saw anyone eat out like her :eek:

And something screwy has happened because friends who I know are friends don't show up in feeds, but I know I never unfriended them or put to have less of. FB truly is strange in how it operates.

4. frizzyrazzy

I know - I get the same people showing up all the time. There is a setting that is supposed to show either "frequently interacted" friends more than "all friends" but the setting doesn't really seem to work well. I have mine set to "all" and I still miss tons of posts.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

Got this message on FB the other day:

Got this from a friend--Facebook has changed its News Feed AGAIN, so that by default, you can only see updates from people with whom you've recently interacted. To change this, click on 'Account', then 'Edit friends' then at the top left, click "All Friends." Most Importantly... Re-Post this. Otherwise, only a few of your friends will actually see your posts.

6. frizzyrazzy

actually, that's simply a filter for your friends - to find a friend if you're trying to modify your friend's list. It doesn't actually control what's in your feed and has been there for years. If you check, it reverts back to 'recently interacted' every time. :)

BUT there is something similar which does do this, if you scroll to the very bottom of your home feed page and click "edit options"
    THAt has the place where you see this option. You have the option to show posts from "all your friends" or "recently interacted" (it's also the place where you can unhide all the people you've hidden.

7. Beach bum

I miss half of yours and Kims, and usually the only way I see them is through Andee or Wanda...weird. I guess I could just unfriend you both and start over...

8. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

At the bottom of your home page is "edit options" on the right. You need to see what that is set at. :)

9. sooz

sooz Approved members

ok thanks! sorry for the bad info I passed along..:eek:

10. Beach bum

No worries, all set now.
    But oddly, things that I had put to see less of are now popping up.
    Need to do some FB housecleaning!