- advertisement -

Fav Michael Jackson Song?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hrermgr, Jun 26, 2009.

1. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Despite the weirdness of Michael Jackson, I think he was an incredibly talented performer and musician. I totally remember when he burst onto MTV in the early 80's--awesome stuff! So, what was your favorite Michael Jackson song and or video?

My votes for music:
    Man in the Mirror-great message!
    Billie Jean-the beat was awesome

Video:
    Thriller
    Black or White

2. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

I liked his older stuff, like Off The Wall and Thriller. My faves would be Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and Working Day and Night.

I agree he was incredibly talented and has left us with some great music.

3. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

I never was a Michael Jackson fan, but I did love the Thriller video. I remember seeing it for the first time on Friday Night Videos, on NBC I think. We didn't get MTV. LOL
    I thought it was so cool that Vincent Price did the narration.

4. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

5. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

"Bad"
    "Billie Jean"
    "Black or White"
    "Thriller"
    and the one with his sister, "Scream"
    and his older stuff too.
    Remember him as a kid? Gosh, too cute and could he dance already!:)

6. Denise

Denise Approved members

It's very hard for me to choose just one. I love Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat It...it brings back a lot of childhood memories. :eek: Watching the videos on Night Tracks late at night ..... *sigh* this was before you could just log onto a computer and pull up a video on Youtube! I think Wanna be Startin' Something was a fabulous song..PYT...I could go on and on..

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

There is no way I could pick just one. Michael Jackson and his music was a large part of my early teen years. The Thriller album was a go-to album all the time. And Off the Wall....Rock With You...love that song. Beat It, Billie Jean, Wanna Be Starting Something. And then Man in the Mirror...even though at that time I felt I had 'outgrown' MJ and was too cool :rolleyes: that song just sticks in my head.

8. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

I loved the 80"s Michael..couldnt stand him during the mid 90"s to present. he got way to weird for me.

But I looved Thriller...my most favorite childhood memory was when all my friends went to the skating rink and they had his Video on a big screen. It was awesome!! we never heard of a music video before (no one had :p )
    and the rink announced a week in advance that the full version of the video was going to be played there..kids were in line around the building to get in to skate.

9. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Has to be Thriller and the video - I crank it up and dance every year when it comes on the radio on Halloween.

2nd would be Black and White.

RIP Michael. Even with his weirdness he did do alot of good things for humanity.

10. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

11. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I remember when the Off the Wall album came out, I wanted to buy it so bad, but my mother wouldn't let me...she said he was a freak! I agree the 60's-80's Michael was the best.

I wonder what the heck happened to him in his life to turn into such a circus act?

12. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

IMO...his childhood...he couldn't be a kid growing up. His dad made him practice hours on end everyday, would smack him around if he didn't do well etc. etc.

He told stories that his older siblings would bring over 'lady friends' and do it in the room with him while on tour(as he was a child in Jackson five).

His entire life was tragic, then the media made a mockery of him, he was taken advantage of for money, and he lost his home he loved...Neverland.

He was obviously mentally ill, and suffered major anxiety and almost OCD tendencies.

Not surprised it ended this way.

Either may, Michael was a very chartiable man, and gave loads to good causes to help people. Another prime example:

"We are the World"...he wrote this for USA Africa to raise money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw6GiqZyD0

13. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

Smooth Criminal is my favorite MJ song, which got me into music in 2004.

14. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

"Don't stop 'til you get enough" is my favorite Michael Jackson song

I have had a feeling that his life was going to end tragically because his life had become extremely emotionally and financially chaotic over the past 15 years. Very sad.

15. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

I love so many of his songs, he was a genius.

Heal the World
    Earth Song
    We are the World
    Bad
    Thriller
    Black and White

I could go on and on.............

16. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Rock with you

Beat it

Thriller

P Y T

Almost all of his old stuff. Hey I'm a kid of the 70's~ 80's. :)