- advertisement -

False alarm Dex low transmitter battery warning?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, Jul 9, 2014.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Anyone had the Dex tell them that the battery was low on their transmitter and had it be a false alarm? My mom just called me and said that she got the "Low Battery Order New Transmitter" alarm. She is sure that is what it said - she wrote it down. But when I had her check the battery status screen, it shows as okay. This freaking transmitter is less than a month old. It is the replacement for a transmitter that died at 4 months. With that battery, the battery status screen did show as "low" once I got the warning. WTF is going on here? Anyone have this happen before?

2. hawkeyegirl

Well, I called Dex and they are sending me a new transmitter. The CSR said that they would only expect to see a false alarm on this if the transmitter was subjected to extreme heat or cold. It's in the upper 70s/low 80s here today, and he's in an air-conditioned building right now, so we've ruled that out. She is also sending me a link so that I can send them the Dex download. They probably think I'm running some sort of freaking scam here, with our last transmitter replaced at 4 months, and now this one at about 3 weeks old!

3. karri

karri Approved members

Just checking, in your transmitter package, whats SB date? (Thats ship-by-date)? (=Distributor must ship transmitter to buyer on or before that date). The thing with these transmitters is that even though they are not activated before you pull them from the package, battery inside them will still (slowly) lose its charge. So in order to get most of your transmitter (our first lasted 13 months) you need to get one that hasnt been sitting on the shelves for longtime (=that is not that close to sb-date, more closer to factory date)

4. hawkeyegirl

Hmmmm. I don't know. I threw the box away. It did come directly from Dexcom, though, as it was an in-warranty replacement, and I would think their transmitters would be pretty "fresh." I will look at this on the transmitter they send us as a replacement, though!

5. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

I find it so interesting that your replacement transmitter died so quickly. My replacement receiver died a month and a half after we got it. I wonder how often replacement items from them die a very quick death, and why??? Hmmmmmm.

6. Mish

Mish Approved members

well, because misery loves company - our newest receiver seems to have far less range than our old one. (it's a new pediatric version) Last night I was woken by "out of range" alarms no less than 4 times.

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I hope not, I have the new ped version still in its box and almost want to send it back and ask for a regular one!