- advertisement -

EZ Manager Software

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bel, Jun 21, 2011.

1. bel

bel Approved members

I'm having nothing, but problems with this. Does anyone use it? This was a big plus to having a pump for me so I'm determined to make it work. I finally got it installed on my comp and got the pump and meter downloaded, but the nurses say they can't open the file I'm sending them. They say I should save it in Word, but I don't even see how that's possible. I'm doing it the way the guide says to do it.

I also thought there was like, a database the med staff could access so I didn't have to email, but the nurses seem to think I'm confusing that with the minimed software.

Help!?

2. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

I use the software, but I do not send files to my endo. He downloads form the pump directly during our visits. Have you tried saving them in a PDF file and just sending that the endo?

There is an internet provide program that endos could access, but I can't put my finger on it right now. FOUND IT! https://www.mycareconnect.com/login.aspx

3. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

I don't see how you can save to word, but you can save to Microsoft Excel. After clicking the disk in the top left corner, you name the file and then underneath is a drop down box where you can select either.xls single page or .xls multiple pages. You can then eamil the Excel spreadsheet.

Another thing you should be able to do, assuming you are using EZ manager because you have an Animas Ping, is try a different software. The software is called Diasend and Animas paid for ours. We just downloaded from the Animas pump website. After you download the software, it is very easy to use and many clinics use this as well. If your clinic uses Diasend, then you can link the account and the clinic can view everything.

Hope this helps!

4. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

try asking your endo if they use diasend. my daughters office uses it and its wonderful given tho i have to go download the data once for ezmanager and once for diasend so much easier then trying to convert files over. You can also look at your data on diasend if you just want to be able to see charts and graphs. there is a special code you enter to id your office so they can see what you upload to the site.

5. bel

bel Approved members

How timely! They said they just requested it today and they didn't know it existed! I KNEW I wasn't imagining that!

6. Marie4Julia

Marie4Julia Approved members

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, so am hoping one of you can help out. My daughter just recently started using the meter remote with her ping, and I can't seem to upload it to the EzManager software. I'm I correct in using the mini USB cable that attaches to the side of the remote, or should I be using a different cable that attaches to the bottom of the remote? Thanks in advance!

7. meg9901

meg9901 Approved members

We use diasend as well. Not through our endo, but direct through their software/website provided by animas at http://www.animas.com/diasend.

It's been way easier to upload than EZ manager. We use the same IR dongle, but it doesn't get hung up or stuck at all like we had with EZ Mgr. And the data analysis is more meaningful!

As an aside to the previous poster asking about downloading the ping remote, you shouldn't have to download using the cable to the remote if you are able to download the pump via the IR dongle. The remote should send all BG information to reside in the pump's memory.

8. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Bane of my existence. I actually like the setup of ez manager but upgraded my computers to new windows and it's not compatable. Diamond looksconfusing to me. I have to sit and figure it out.

9. Marie4Julia

Marie4Julia Approved members

Thank you! I was able to download the pump with the IR dongle, fairly easily. When I attempted to connect the meter for the sake of adding/removing food from the database with the usb, EzMax had trouble finding the meter. It did finally find it, but it looks like such a pain to change the food, I gave up. I didn't seem to be able to do a mass change. I couldn't select more than one item at a time, and don't really have all day to move them over one by one:rolleyes: