- advertisement -

Express Scripts is covering our Novolog in 2014

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BrendaK, Jan 3, 2014.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

According to our online account, Express Scripts is covering Novolog. Our insurance plan totally changed, and the online account information reflects the new changes, so I am confident it is covered. And it is costing us less than 1/2 of what it had previously. (We had been paying 20% of the prescription costs and now we are paying a copay, which is why it's so much less.) WHEW! We never received a letter stating no coverage. We have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO out of Ohio. It is a small consolation to the fact that our deductible and out of pocket maximums have more than doubled.

I know this is not covered for the majority of ES customers, but if you have not received a letter, definitely check your account to see.

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

We have Tricare, and ours is still covered (freestyle and apidra too) through Express Scripts.

The changes definitely were not for everyone as had previously been reported.

3. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

Interesting. We have Anthem BCBS out of Ohio as well...and it's not covered for us :( I'm happy it is covered for you though! we are also moving to a flat co-pay instead of percentages and minimums, so once we meet our $2500 deductible, our RXs will be much cheaper this year!

4. Thornbird

Thornbird Approved members

Interesting. We never received notification letters either. I went on the Express Scripts website to check our account. We have Anthem Blue Cross PPO of California, but we live in Oregon. It looks like Novolog is still considered a preferred drug while Freestyle Strips are not covered. Bummer. I was hoping to avoid an appeal process.

5. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I called dd's dr today to start the process for a pre authorization and was told that they can probably get the freestyle approved because she's on Omnipod but that if she's never been on humalog, they'll want her to try it. However she was on humalog at dxs and she was switched to novalog later, which I was told gave us a good shot (no pun intended!) of getting the novalog covered.