- advertisement -

expired test strips

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by shirley83006, Apr 4, 2011.

1. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

What can you do with expired test strips? Will pharmacy take them in exchange for some good ones?

2. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

If you change the date on your meter back before the expiry date the strips still work.

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Introduce them to the garbage can.

4. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

It might depend on how expired they were....if it wasn't very much past the date, I'd probably use them, unless I knew they were no good.

You might try calling the manufacturer, they might trade? If you had a really great sob story? I doubt a pharmacy would.

HTH!

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I wouldn't trust their reliability in giving accurate numbers.

I would toss them out and not take the chance. I would check the expire date before leaving the pharmacy next time.

6. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

I have out of necessity used strips long past the expiration. I'm probably in the minority here, but I figure if the strips are within range when using the the glucose control solution, they're in range for blood, too. I've found that if the expired strips are going to be wonky, they're not even going to suck up the blood in the first place.