- advertisement -

Experience with Enlite Sensor?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lisanc, Jun 23, 2013.

1. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We are tired of waiting for the Enlite sensor and thinking of jumping ship and going with the Dexcom G4, which seems most people have been extremely happy with.

For those of you using the Enlite sensor ... how is the accuracy? are you happy with it? How is insertion?

Frankly, I am tired of the wound the sof-sensor leaves behind, the crazy taping procedures, and waiting and waiting.

But in the best interest of due diligence, I would love to hear any reviews on the Enlite sensor ... and even better if anyone has tried both systems, what do they feel is the "better" system. Most comparisons that I see, favor the Dexcom G4.

Many Thanks

2. T-bird

T-bird Approved members

I use the Enlite sensors. I don't use them all the time because we can only get 5 sensors for 8 weeks here :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it is quite hard to "stretch one to cover more than 7 or 8 days. They are very accurate and the insertion is virtually pain-free. For showers I have to cover them in Tegaderm though because the adhesive that comes with them tends to peel on Day 2 or 3. Overall, they are pretty great. I'd be happy to respond to other questions :)

3. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

After initial problems the Enlite is working really well for us. We had a bad transmitter and an inaccurate meter that wasn't helping. Once we had the transmitter replaced and switched to a more accurate meter, everything settled down. It is very accurate at both high and low ranges. We do still tape it down with Opsite as we lost a few the first weeks when only using the tape that comes with the sensors and they are too expensive to risk losing. So far there is no wound left behind - just a tiny red dot. We have never used the Dexcom so I cannot compare.

4. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

thank you for your responses!

5. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

I agree with previous posters. We find accuracy quite good. In the beginning we had difficulty but I think it was a combination of the new sensors and new users (we had never CGM'd before). Once we got the hang of what we were doing it's been pretty smooth sailing.

The infusion set leaves more of a mark than the Enlite sensor.

6. Mary Jayne

Mary Jayne Approved members

My son loves, loves it! He has always had good accuracy with the Minimed, but has never tried Dex so he can't compare it. Biggest difference for him is not dreading the site change!