- advertisement -

Exactly 1 Year After DX,She Choose Her Pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by wearingtaci, Nov 6, 2013.

1. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

Today is 1 year since Sophie was diagnosed. We have a few hours before we got"the call".
    We also had our intro to pumping appointment today. Sophie had been pretty determined to get the 530g and I thought it was a done deal. At the last minute she asked to see the tslim and feel in love and made it her choice. We submitted all the paperwork. If everything goes according to plan she should be pumping in less then a month.
    We're pretty

2. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Congratulations and here's to a smooth start! I hope she loves the t:slim. My daughter (and I) are really happy with it.

3. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

congrats! I have one year left on my warranty and I'll probably end up switching to the t-slim when I can. It just looks so cool!

4. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

How exciting! We love the T:Slim :) I hope you get up and running soon!

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

It's a nice pump. I hope you have a smooth transition.

And congratulations on surviving your first year in one piece. It's all downhill from here. ;)

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hope pumping returns some degree of normalcy to your DD's life, it did for ours ;)

7. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

We didn't have any prior pump experience,but we loved how straight forward it was to operate and it feels solid and sturdy

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  8. AmyJoeBut

AmyJoeBut Approved members

This is too weird!

My son, Alec, is also having his 1 year diaversary today and he also just made the decision to get a t-slim (which is also his first pump!) :)

It must be fate. : )

9. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

This is why I liked it so much. The menus just made sense to me. Nothing seemed hidden and it was all so logical. I didn't have any pump experience either and, while I let my daughter make the decision, I was crossing my fingers that she picked the t:slim because there seemed like there was virtually no learning curve.

10. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

We have worn the T-Slim a whole three days--and we are loving it. ;) We just switched from Mini-med.