- advertisement -

Ever have a day when you know you should... (VENT )

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by zimbie45, Dec 23, 2009.

1. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

JUST STAY IN BED !!!.. UGH im having one of those... I just need to vent..

So It all started MONDAY night ! at 8:50 pm. I was getting ready to take a shower and get in bed... I noticed i had a missed call.. MY mother in law ( whom i love dearly) was coming home from OMAHA back to cali, but her plane had a stop in ARIZONA. and she decided to get off the plane and call us to pick her up... NO warning., She didnt feel good.MY house is a disaster.. SO i send my DH to pick her up and me and the kids rush to clean the house. amazingly we did it.. * YEAH ME AND THE KIDS*.. BUT i get no sleep and have to be up for work at 4am.. UGH.. SO yesterday the kids whined all day, MY mother in law whined all day. I took her to the doctors. I have not even started on my wrapping or any of that... Now what puts a damper on all this holiday stuff is that my mother in law is planning on staying with us till around 12/27. My father in law plans on being her on 12/24.. BUT they do not celibrate christmas, AT ALL. SO now i have a sick MIL, behind on christmas, and trying not to offened her with our normal holiday stuff. BUT 12/24 is around the corner and me and the kids usually watch holiday movies, make santa his cookies.. ON christmas morning.. I dont even know how that will go.. I guess she will have to stay locked in her room... AND i still have to wrap all the gifts... While the kids are home, DH is working long hours at work ( DUE TO HOLIDAYS).

This morning i wake up.. POUNDING HEADACH, check charlize BS befor work..409.. EEK.. go to correct.. 1 unit of insulin left.. HMM THAT will explain it, BUT she never let me know that it warned her and I thougt DH changed site yesterday. I am already running late for work.. WAke up DH to take care of it all. Cant find my keys.. Barley made it here.. and boy are people in the bah humbug spirt.

OK vent over.. I am happy i get to see my in laws... I have to be Thankful that they will be here, the kids love having them... And be thankful that we get along..

2. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

((((hugs))))

3. Toni

Toni Banned

Wow, what a week, and bad day on top of it. Vent away! Yes, do all your regular holiday celebrations and MIL can rest in bed away from it all. MIL has to understand you can't NOT celebrate Christmas with children in the house!

4. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Oh, you poor thing! How stressful.

In my opinion, you should go on about your usual Christmas traditions and your in-laws can join in or not. Don't be offended if they choose not to but I suspect they might at least enjoy watching the kids enjoy their Christmas even if they don't participate. (Who knows? They might even choose to join in the fun!)

5. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

oh man that sucks!

6. Java

Java Approved members

WOW!!!!! I am stressed just from reading your post.:eek::eek: You need a BREAK. Hope everything settles down. Merry Christmas......

7. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Thanks all. Im finally in a better mood..
    Headache gone, Gifts wrapped ( DH HELPED :D) , Now my FIL is here too.. and the In laws will be staying with a friend 2night and show up mid day christmas afternoon... MIL finally is feeling better. no longer whining, just normal self :rolleyes: Kids are not whining... :D

I really do love my inlaws.. Just alot going on and the whole holiday./not holiday thing is rough... It does not help that my new medicine my doc put me on makes me extra grumpy and short fuss.. :D:eek::(:p