- advertisement -

Enlites and Medtronics Pump users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coeen, Jul 9, 2014.

1. coeen

coeen Approved members

Anyone else happy with Medtronics and Enlite sensors? I am very happy with both.
    I have always had good customer service and our rep here is great.
    I read a lot about other pumps and the Dexcom. They all sound great too.
    When our warranty is up in two years we will look at other kinds to see if we will change, but for
    now we have had very good luck with our current system. He is 5 going on 6 and his a1c is 6.9.
    Just wondering.

2. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

We use Medtronic and Enlite and are happy with them too.

3. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Yes. Happy, too! Accuracy is good and I think the wait for the 530 G pump was worth it. I very much appreciate the low glucose threshold suspend.

4. mwstock

mwstock Approved members

Yes, we are happy with both the Medtronic 530G pump and the Enlite sensor. My son has been on a Medtronic pump for the past couple of years. The insulin pump is solid and our experience with customer support has always been excellent. We have had a couple pumps replaced under warranty due to cracks. The pump is very durable, but it takes its abuse on a nine year old boy! It is easy to cap the site and remove the pump for bathing and swimming, so the fact that it is not waterproof has not been an issue. Also the tubbing is not a big deal. The Enlite sensors are a pain free compared with the prior sensors. The accuracy has been good. A lot of the learning curve has been knowing when and how frequent to calibrate the sensor. Support said about 3-4 times per day when the BG is stable. The sensor is another tool and provides real-time feedback with showing patterns and direction that the blood sugar is going as long as the calibration is accurate. I give insulin based on the blood sugar checks, not the sensor. The accuracy sometimes goes down at the end of the sensors life. We have had a few sensors that have been way off....I think a lot of this has to do with the sensor calibration.