- advertisement -

Endo appt tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Diet Dr. Pepper, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

And I'm a tad bit worried. See, I haven't been to the Endo in.. a while... Since I got on the pump, actually :eek:... And I don't think my Endo has every really liked me anyways... And she's hard to understand, her accent anyways, lol. Anyway, I've gotten kind of lazy recently, like I haven't been putting my blood sugars in my pump... Do they look at your pump or anything when you go to the endo??

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

It's truly okay to be worried, I'm a nervous wreck the night before appointments. I only see a NP(CDE), so maybe my appointments are a bit more involved with all diabetes life aspect than would an endo.

But usually she goes over logs of the past week, sometimes if I having control issues she pulls up the past logs on her computer. She does check my pump, usually just to get the 7 day and 30 day average of insulin, bolus, basal, bg, #of bg checks. Sometimes the bolus history is she thinks I'm not eating enough or just to clarify (like when in the average of bolus a day it was 1.9 so she checkeed it through bolus history). She also looks at the sites. Talk about things I could improve on (in January it was that I need to slack on testing a bit, that it was kinda obsessive:rolleyes::D). And let's see the other thing with the pump is going over site location (for when I'm in softball), she doesn't want my set in my arm. And then she tells me the changes that she wants to do, and I put them in the pump in front of her.

Other than that go over labs, A1C if done previously, talk about life. Presto, change-o! The END!

I wouldn't worry about all the numbers not being in the pump, that's what the meter is for, I would just bring your main meter.

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i go to nemours(and i love it/them. endo app. are my fave dr app. go figure!) and what they do it take my pump and up load it to their computer and then take my meter and up load that too. they also look at my physical log sheets for a day or two because those have more information on them.
    good luck and don't be so worried, i'm sure you'll be fine!(but if you don't like your endo so much that you're not going in maybe it's time to find a new one?)

4. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Kassie, didn't I tell you everyone would say this?

You'll be fine.

5. Diet Dr. Pepper

Ryan, yes you did! You also told me to post a thread about it... lol. Also, I don't think this is 'everyone' lol..

..hmm.. maybe I've been watching too much "House".... :cool:

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Well she's never looked in MY pump before. Although when I see Suzanne W., she looks at my TDD and the percents of basal to bolus insulin. Dr. K only looks at however many days of log you're supposed to bring in. If you feel like Dr. K is too hard to understand/too weird, etc... (LOL) I would suggest going to Suzanne. She talks like a normal person :D. And she rocks. She's also really sweet, and easy to talk to IMO.
    (note to everyone else, we see the same endo)

7. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I'll give you that. This isn't everyone. And I did tell you to post a thread. LOL:D:D

8. Diet Dr. Pepper

Yeah I guess lol. Also, I've decided that I shouldn't feel guilty for not going in so long.. I mean, Dr. K is hardly ever there anyways! lol. Hey, when you get your A1C done, does your current bg affect it? Like if you're high when they do the A1C, is your A1C any higher that it would be if you weren't high??

:p;)

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Exactly. She was out for that surgery, and then some other stuff...I go see her next month, I saw Suzanne last time. I don't think my BG has ever affected it, I remember being kinda high when my a1c was 6.5, and I was like 120something last time and my a1c was 7.6 :(. On the upside, I'm glad that they are able to give us the a1c results in like 5 minutes versus having to wait a day or so. That would drive me out of my mind! LOL.

10. Diet Dr. Pepper

ugh.. I'm a little worried about my a1c... I hope it's not any higher than it was before I started pumping... I'm not sure why it would be, but... idk lol :cwds:

11. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

My BG for my last A1c was 350+, and it came out to 6.3. So don't worry about your BG affecting your A1c.

Good luck at your Endo appointment, you will do fine! They have never looked at my pump, but they do download my meter. My Endo just asks me what my current I:C ratio is, what my basals are, and what my TDD is.

I am terrible about logging:eek:...so I usually don't have anything for them to look at like that. I just bought a small notebook I can carry in my purse to write down my numbers so I can see trends(currently on day two of logging and going strong LOL).

My Endo is pretty laidback, but I can completely relate to the 'hard to understand' part. He is from India(went to school there and everything), and he not only has an accent but he talks fasstttt. You really have to have all your attention on him or you lose track of what he is saying LOL

12. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Dr. K is like that. She gets excited (why I don't know :cwds:) and talks super fast, and her words all run together like a big mess.

13. Diet Dr. Pepper

So... who wants to guess what my a1c was? The first person to guess right gets brownie points!! Brownie points are awesome! They're like brownies that you don't have to bolus for!! Lol! Hmmm... I don't know why anyone would want brownie points from me, but whatever lol! So...GUESS!!! :p:D:rolleyes:

14. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I think the smiley face hints something so I'll guess 6.6!:D

15. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

6.2? and I have some regular brownies in my kitchen, but *sigh* they must be bolused for.

16. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

My dad got marble cheesecake(20 grams a small slice). I had one, and let me say...the last piece is so tempting LOL:p

Ditto the smiley face, must mean good news.

I say 6.5:D

17. Diet Dr. Pepper

Caitlin was very close! But, didn't get it.

It's a good thing you have regular brownies, because you're not getting any from me! Happy bolusing!

You win!! :D HERE are your brownies! :p:rolleyes: Enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  18. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Yayy! That's great, Kassie! :D