- advertisement -

Endo Appointment:-(

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momoftwingirls, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Junosmom

Junosmom Approved members

A1C

I think it is hard, after years of school training, to not feel like going to the Endo office is like getting your report card. We are also, in our culture, trained to see doctors as authority figures rather than resources. I'm sorry that this Endo doesn't have more people skills and isn't relaying information in a supportive way.

Twins, young twins, and one with diabetes? I would give you a medal and a free cruise if I could. Ideas I would like to share:

We are all still learning, and you are doing awesome! My endo says that each thing that happens, good or difficult, is a learning experience. That's all.

Your Endo is your "employee". He/she has information for you and can teach you how to better manage, but you know your particular child and what your daily life is like better than that doctor. They need to support you and teach you in a positive way. If you have other options, you may want to look for an Endo that can better partner with you and communicate better.

I am learning not to congratulate myself too much on a "good day" nor beat myself up on a "bad" day, but only try to make a good decision each opportunity and move on. I have also been targeting just one small area to work on each day - for example, reducing breakfast spikes or getting the basal right at night, rather than looking at the whole day. Makes it more manageable for me somehow.

I wish you well and say bless you for all you have on your plate right now. Know that there are people "out here" thinking of you.

2. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Not sure if soeone mentioned it but are you sure her hands were clean when they poked for the A1c? If the readings are way didfferent then the A1c then either you are missing highs, which dex would show or those hands weren't clean. btw, data from the last two weeks is more important moving forward than a1c which tracks what happend months ago. Forget and move on with what's right in fromt of you. look at this weeks numbers for trends and adjust based on that NOT on A1c. Good luck.

3. momoftwingirls

momoftwingirls Approved members

Thank you for your kind words and good suggestions I have learned so much on this forum than I have from any doctors.