- advertisement -

Endo appointment tomorrow and lows

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by vettechmomof2, Jul 21, 2009.

1. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We had repeat lows for 2 days now and normally I would change basals tomorrow but I am working and then hubby will meet me at work with the kids and we go to the endo appointment so I am holding off and just am keeping her on a temp basal.
    THen a new thing is we tried Mentos instead of glucose tablets to see if they compare(much cheaper now that Sam's stopped carrying glucose tablets). They are not working well. They are supposed to be 3 grams /piece but we are needing to give her 3-4 at a time.
    I went back to milk until I get some glucose tablets. Much more reliable.
    I cannot stand being without her CGMS. This makes it all the harder, not having that to rely on.
    Anyway, just a vent.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

I hope it goes well, I am sorry about the lows! :cwds:

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Hope all goes well and you get it the lows figured out

4. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Well, A1C was acceptable. Still have to wait for more Dexcom sensors as their sales girl just used the offices last one:((I am just glad they believed me and starting using them). Visit went very well, growing well and doing all things normal.
    Still on an every 6 months visit.

5. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Wow, every 6 months would be nice! Our endo wants to see him every 2-3 months. I am glad it went well, and I hope that you are able to get some more sensors soon!

6. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Glad things went well, Allene!