- advertisement -

Emma's Dex died last night

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Dead. Kaput. Dead as a doornail. RIP!

I tried to reboot it...several times. It worked once and a I got a screen with green bands reminiscent of an old style TV where the tube was dying.

I called Dex last night and since its out of warranty (I know that), I have to process a new order. Call them today, called medical supply company today, and called nurse today to start the process. I downloaded pump numbers and uploaded to Diasend so our nurse has the numbers.

But we're looking at a while without the Dex. And we're headed to the beach in 11 days and I'm extremely bummed that it appears we'll be without Dex. AND, I want to get this process done by the end of June, because our new medical year starts July 1 and we've paid our deductible this year - I do NOT want to start July with a huge DME deductible payment!

ARGH!

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Did the transmitter die or the receiver?

3. Nancy in VA

Receiver. Transmitter is more than 6 months old, but we got 11 months out of our last one. I did request a new receiver AND transmitter with this order, since it will be easier to deal with all the crap all at once.

4. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

Keeping my fingers crossed you get it before the beach. Our very first Dexcom order took 3 days from order to being on my doorstep, so it is possible!

5. Nancy in VA

Well, I heard back from nurse late last night via email (she was off yesterday) and she's preparing for the paperwork. I will call medical supply company tomorrow - I think 48 hours is enough to get it started. It came very quick last time and I would hope insurance would be easier since she already has one this team. It was a bummer today though - I'm doing Emma's end of year homeschool testing and I forget she doesn't have her Dex. I'm having to remember to have her test and once had to stop so she could treat a high and wait for it to start coming down so she wouldn't be "fuzzy" - so much easier to catch these with the Dex!

6. dpr

dpr Approved members

We lost our receiver a while back. When I ordered the new one I asked them to ship it overnight. The person on the other end says, "I'm sorry but I have to charge you an extra $9.00 for overnight shipping". And I'm thinking, only $9.00!!! The happiest $9.00 I've ever spent. I feel lost even waiting for the 2 hour warm up on a new sensor...