- advertisement -

Eilish

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Christopher, Oct 25, 2010.

1. selketine

selketine Approved members

That was a beautiful tribute Christopher.

Thanks for letting us know your story Pepper and some of the funeral details - it sounds like a very touching service and tribute to Eilish.

2. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

very heartbreaking. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

3. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

Chris, that was very beautiful.
    Pepper, thank you for sharing. I'm sure it was comforting to Mel, Charlie and Emma that you were there.

Praying for this family and that they will have comfort and peace with them throughout the day and the comings weeks and months to come.

4. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Pepper, thank you for sharing this with us. Our "d kids" belong to all of us - and I'm so glad you were able to be there and share with us.

5. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Chris, that was a beautiful and thoughtful tribute.

I have thought about all of them every day I since I have heard. I will continue to hold them in my thoughts and prayers especially today.

6. MelStan

MelStan Member

oh Chris, thankyou so so much for that. What a beautiful poem, so fitting. It touched me so much..I cried when I read it. And the photo of Eilish..one of my favourites. Thankyou. Your post meant an awful lot to me after coming home last night, you've no idea.
    The scarf that she was wearing in that photo, I held onto all through the day. I can still smell her on it :(

Thankyou Chris and everyone. I still cannot believe it :(:(:(

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Mel, my heart is breaking for you. There are no words.

You always have a home at CWD. We are here for you. :(

8. MelStan

MelStan Member

Thank you too Pepper1. I really wanted to do Eilish justice..I don't think we came close to be honest. There was so much more I wanted to say about her. I wanted everyone to KNOW her, because she was amazing. But I hope it gave everyone who didn't really know her, some idea of what an incredible person she was.
    I just don't know how I can go on without her :(

9. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

You're a great mom. :) There's no guidebook for this. I wish I had words to tell you how you go on. I don't know. None of us do. Know that we are all here, to listen to you, to mourn with you. To not let Eilish's memory die. Everything I have read this past week has shown me what a wonderful and amazing girl Eilish is. Your close friends in the D community have made sure of that. Those of us who didn't know you well, or know Eilish, know now what a bright light she was to so many people. So Mel, you've done her justice.

10. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Mel, I am unable to convey my emotions, so heartbroken for you all that I am (as we all are). Just know we care deeply about you, Charlie and Ella, and we keep Eilish dear in our hearts always.

===

Chris, thank you for the beautiful tribute.

11. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Mel, I can tell you that you are honoring Eilish in a way that makes her proud to be your daughter. In every word you write about her, her beautiful spirit shines through. In that way, you have and are doing her justice.

I did not know Eilish, and I cannot imagine the pain that you are feeling right now. But I am sure that she would not want diabetes to take your life too. She would want you to fight, and she would want you to live your life the best way you can. Maybe in that you can find a way to go on.

Thank you for your posts here. You are showing a dignity and grace that is truly humbling.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  12. acjsmom

acjsmom Approved members

I am new here, but this has shaken me to my core. Prayers for all of them.

13. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Mel, it's so very hard to find the right words.

But you and Charlie and Ella, and especially Eilish, are carried in so many hearts now. We mourn with you.

14. Lee

Lee Approved members

Mel, we love you. And we grieve for you.

15. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Mel
    Our hearts and prays are with you and will always be. i lost my mother when i was a very young child, and to this day I still feel her with me, specially on the really hard days and the very special ones to. I know Eilisha will do the same for you. I cant even imagine the pain and the grief you are feeling. NO parent should have to go thru what you and charlie are right now. Nor should a sister feel the pain that ella is dealing with. Both girls where and are so lucky to have you as a mom. You have been there for eilisha and will help guide her on her journey and you will be there for Ella to help her along the way. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Chandra

16. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Mel - Our hearts are with you and your family.

Chris and Pepper 1 - Thank-you

17. Karenwith4

Karenwith4 Approved members

Mel - huge hugs and much peace to your family.
    Your devotion to Eilish and her bright light shines through your all posts.
    I am sure the love reflecting back to you from your community is Eilish's way of connecting to you and ensuring you know she will always be with you - with all of us.
    Wishing you peace and strength at this time.
    Kaern