- advertisement -

educational video on foot complications

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by payam7777777, Jun 9, 2011.

1. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. wilf

wilf Approved members

The video is made for Type 2s. It would also apply to very poorly controlled Type 1s (ie. A1Cs consistently over 10 or so). Not really applicable to this audience.

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Exactly. So I am wondering why the OP posted this here when they knew it didn't really apply to our children?

To the OP, if you email the site administrators, they can delete a thread.

4. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I thnk these videos may apply to adults with diabetes especially older adults and I think it is important for anyone to learn good foot care especially adults or if someone has neuropathy issues even those not caused by diabetes but gettng one to one training from a podiatrist who treats people with diabetes provides the best training

5. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Great advice, Deafmack! My dd has had hereditary neuropathy unrelated to diabetes long before she was diagnosed. It's a constant concern now that she does have Type 1 - I'm afraid she'll eventually have a double whammy in the area of neuropathy.
    I know of a couple of very young children in the CWD community who have been diagnosed with neuropathy so this video is relevent to some people here. Thanks for posting it!

6. Christopher

My concern with this thread is a newly dx parent thinking that they need to constantly check their child's feet or that their child can't go around barefoot in the summer. As you are well aware, there is already confusion around the topic of foot care and I just think there should at least be some context around this kind of thread, if it has to be posted in this section.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  7. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Yeah, we were told at dx that we needed to make sure J always wears shoes outside and inside :rolleyes:
    Thank God for CWD!

8. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

:cwds:Context:

9. Christopher

Completely the wrong context I was talking about. I was thinking of something along the lines of: "Most kids with diabetes don't have to be concerned with checking their feet for damage or wearing shoes all the time. Foot care is important when a person develops neuropathy and loses feeling in their extremities. In SOME cases they can damage their feet and not know it. Then they could get an infection and if that infection is not treated they could have other more serious complications. If your child does not have neuropathy then you don't need to be concerned with this video."

Nevermind.

10. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

Thank you for posting Payamm. I think there are people on the board that will appreciate your post.