- advertisement -

Early Puberty - now I'm freaking out!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lindy, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Discussion started on another thread about "doing better"... I emailed our endo with some of the things we are seeing, and she wrote back (already) and thinks we need to discuss at next appt. I then looked it up online - and now my stomach is churning! Is is typically more rare in boys and has some more medical concerns in boys than girls... Cooper has always been tall - off the charts tall - which can also be a sign of a problem, which can lead to being a short stature adult. Hormone problems, pituitary gland problems, tumors etc. BARF, BARF, BARF!!! Now I'm just scared.... when can I just NOT be worried or scared anymore??????? I'm looking for reasons why numbers are so out of whack, and it led me here! I hate diabetes!

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Worry is so hard! Try to not look things up on the internet!! It can drive you crazy!! Just focus on what is at hand today and wait for any new problems that may come along and worry about them then when you have all the information you need to take care of them. Hang in there, it is impossible not to worry about our kids!! Not knowing is the hardest, but just try to hold on to today...:cwds:

3. Toni

Toni Banned

One sign puberty may be approaching is B.O. :eek: Don't worry; think the signs of the higher, crazy blood sugars, may have even started at 10.5 years, certainly at 11. Lots of help on this board; it will be okay.

4. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

I grew up off the charts tall and ended up tall. So you may not need to worry about that.