- advertisement -

Dumb G5 question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by nebby3, Oct 11, 2015.

1. nebby3

nebby3 Approved members

We are still waiting for our upgrade to the g5 but I had a dumb question-- is there a new sensor for the new transmitters or can they use the old g4 sensors?

2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Not dumb at all. Same sensors.

3. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

What about the new G5 transmitter? Much different or similar to the newer smaller G4 transmitter?

4. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Same size or slightly larger than the old G4 transmitter. A lot larger than the smaller G4 transmitter. I never used the smaller G4 transmitter so it isn't a big difference to me but if I had I imagine I would be a bit unhappy.

5. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

We recently (within the past week) started using the G5. Prior to this, we were using the newer, slimmer G4 transmitter. The G5 definitely has a higher profile than the newer G4 transmitter. That being said, my daughter didn't notice the difference until I pointed it out to her. Then again, she really didn't notice a big change between the "old" G4 transmitter and the newer, slimmer G4 transmitter as far as visibility under clothing or getting the transmitter + sensor snagged or bumped and dislodged.