- advertisement -

Does this sound like a rebound???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by monkeyschool, Jun 20, 2011.

1. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

DD woke up at 170 today and corrected 1/2 unit along with breakfast. Within an hour she was feeling lightheaded. She tested at 80' but felt very odd, I had her Take a tab since she was at the peak of fast acting.....she promptly threw up. I had her retest (78) and take another tab since she threw up the first one. Each tab brings her up 24 or so, so even if she hadn't thrown up some of the first I'd expect her to be at 130 tops. 15 min later she was at 222. 10 min after at 275.

Does this sound like a rebound??? I wonder if we caught the 80 on the way up?? We've never seen her react like this before.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I go high every time after I vomit- so it sounds to me like that's what happened. I don't think it indicates that she was necessarily low.

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Did she complain of feeling unwell before breakfast or did this come on fast? What did she have for breakfast? I know that Steven will often go high after vomiting, Im not sure if its from the stress of vomiting or what:confused: Hope she's feeling better now and that it was just a passing thing

4. monkeyschool

monkeyschool Approved members

It came on after breakfast. She was fine when she got up this morning. She had grits, a yogurt, and a peach this morning. She's been feeling fine since and the numbers started coming down on their own.

Eta. This is the first time she threw up since dx so it's very possible it makes her go higher.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  5. wilf

wilf Approved members

This sounds like a vomiting-induced blood sugar rise..