- advertisement -

Does Dexcom actually want to make sales?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bgallini, Jul 19, 2010.

1. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

I talked to them yesterday.
    I'm paying out of pocket when I get the refund from the Navigator.
    I told them my daughter was seven, and I told her that I heard rumors that they wouldn't sell it to her, and she said they would.

2. Chaser

Chaser Approved members

Barbie,

Did you speak with Joe? If so, he a really nice guy. I'm sure if you told him your time guidelines he maybe able to get one to you sooner. Maybe he could get you a loaner.

3. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Loren,

I did finally speak with Joe. He was very nice. He had been on vacation the week our endo called him. So, paperwork has been started but we haven't heard anything since we sent it in a week ago. Joe isn't actually handling it b/c I called customer service and they got it started but sounds like he will be helping with Dr paperwork and stuff.

Anyway. I'm still frustrated but hopefully we are closer to getting it and they just aren't keeping me in the loop.

For those with kids under 18, I hope all of that gets settled soon!:(

4. Chaser

Chaser Approved members

Erin was out on maternity leave and is finally back!!! I've been waiting for her to rerequest Chase's pump upgrade. If you need her direct line let me know. I'm sure she is the one filling out the request.
    OHHHHH - he switched endos didn't he? Sorry - I forgot.

Tell Joe you want to borrow his! lol!

5. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

I hope for the sake of others..I was given the wrong Info...but after the way the lady I spoke to was...I do not think I will be calling back.

And yes, Dex was our first choice, and we just got the go ahead from my son's Endo after having severe reactions and problems with hypo's.

6. dianas

dianas Approved members

I certainly hope that Dex will be able to sell to kids etc. In their FDA warning letter one of the things the FDA was hot about was off label use which includes children. But I was under the impression that all they had to do was to change the language of their warnings. I always thought that off label use of products or medications was up to the discretion of the patient and physician. So hopefully the rep on the phone was wrong.

7. JenniferM

JenniferM Approved members

Hello,

I spoke to a rep this morning. They are not allowed to do off label marketing. Meaning they can't advertise to children under the age of 18 but can still sell. She is wonderful. If any of you have issues, I will gladly give you her contact info.

Jennifer

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I would call dex back and ask to speak with a supervisior and explain what happened.. tell them this lady was extremely rude and that because of her, you'll be going with another company. I'm sure this lady had a mistaken because of that whole FDA thing last month.. She obviously didn't fully understand something.

Even though its not FDA approved for kids under the age of 18, there sure are plenty of kids that use it, so obviously they'll sell them to kids.

9. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

My friend just called on Tuesday and received the Dexcom yesterday for her 16 year old son. I would call back and speak with a supervisor for sure. That lady you spoke with was wrong to be rude and has her facts screwed up. Do others a favor and let someone know about her so that no one else is treated this way. Don't let one idiot like that determine what is best for your child. Of course it will be hard for them to figure out just who it was that you spoke to since you would not be in their computer, but I think that they would be interested enough to try to find out. It is an awesome product and I have had nothing but good service from their people.

10. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

FWIW any doctor can prescribe an approved product for an unapproved use. This happens all the time. BUT, a manufacturer cannot in any way promote a product for an unapproved use. So, if your endo writes a prescription for a Dexcom for your child, they can sell it to you and train you to use it. They cannot appear in any way to suggest that you use it in a child. In short, the Feds aren't going to take away your kids Dex or forbid them from selling to kids --- as long as you have a prescription.

Chuck

11. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Update!!

Yes, they do want to make a sale! The dexcom 7 should be here on Tuesday! Yay!

The woman called tonight at about 5:30. I had a prospective client about to arrive and I had to actually let the woman in while I was on the phone. But apparently insurance has approved it and she just wanted my credit card info. I had to tell her I'd call her back since Alex had my credit card but I did so after my meeting and it's all set.

12. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

They called me tonight!
    Our Dex will be here in three business days!