- advertisement -

Does anyone know

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by DebEMT, Oct 20, 2008.

1. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

of a REALLY CHEAP place to buy pump supplies and insulin?

I have insurance - but it SUCKS! Not only is it expensive - considering what dh makes at work -- but we have HUGE deductibles. So right now, I'm paying out of pocket until those are met - and if I want to pay rent, car payment, electricity, etc. - I can't afford!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Deb in Southern Illinois

2. moco89

moco89 Approved members

Try ebay or hock's medical supply. hock's has a website.

3. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

Thanks. I'll have to check out Hock's.

I've tried ebay. but isn't it illegal to sell this stuff on ebay?

Deb in Southern Illinois

4. Tena

Tena Approved members

Try A+ Medical supply. You have to get approval from your insurance company to use them but A+ will take care of that for you. A+ does not charge any deductibles, copays, or shipping. They only take what insurance pays. The only thing is they are not very good packing insulin to keep it cold for long. and they only ship USPS. So we just get all supplies (including pump supplies) except insulin. They still save us a tremendous amount of money this way. 800-646-8040

5. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

Thank you VERY much Tina!

I called them several months ago and "applied", but never heard back from them. And then I moved and lost their contact info. I will try them again!

Thanks again!

Deb in Southern Illinois

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

check out Aplus medical supply.. they work with your insurance company (they don't work with HMO's for some reason though) and they don't charge deductables, which saves a TON of money.. also, there are medical grants out there that will help pay for your deductables and co-pays.

7. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members