- advertisement -

Doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere for health care

Discussion in 'US Health Care Reform' started by danismom79, Apr 2, 2010.

1. buggle

buggle Approved members

Two wrongs don't make a right.

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I'm not saying either is right. But people are saying that there will be lawsuits about this and I'm trying to figure out how someone can say this is wrong in a lawsuit but there is nothing from stopping a doctor from not seeing you because of your insurance policy.

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I do in fact need to see a urologist. Fortunately the one I see cares about my urological health only and not my politics. And thankfully he does accept my insurance because he's excellent. I completely understand a medical practicioner needing to be paid for their services thus not taking patients who have insurance that they dont accept. But saying that you wont treat someone because of who they voted for, that has nothing to do with being paid for services rendered.

4. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

In the CNN interview I posted above, it is pointed out that the hippocratic oath prohibits a doctor from discriminating in delivery of care based on political views.

5. Melancholywings

Melancholywings Approved members

I'm only surprised he didn't add Irish, Black, Gay or Jew to that sign.

6. Lance

Lance Approved members

Actually, they didn't really claim that. They did put forth a claim that it may violate a section of the AMA Code of Ethics. Sounds like he accomplished what he set out to do - stir up a little controversy.

7. buggle

buggle Approved members

I agree with Lance. Unfortunately, there are plenty of idiots to go around on all sides of the political spectrum. The press loves nothing more than to stir up all this bad feeling between everyone.

8. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I was thinking the same thing. I hope thats not next:( But then again until the 1960s there were signs letting people know what water fountain or bathroom they could use

9. Ed2009

Ed2009 Approved members

I just wonder... What would happen if whilst chitchatting with the Doctor in the middle of the examination, he comes to believe the patient voted for Obama?

10. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

He claims to engage in political discussions with his patients.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0100403_1_obama-supporters-mount-dora-nurse/2

11. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Nevermind, I have nothing to say that somebody here won't cuss at me over.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  12. wilf

wilf Approved members

thank you for that random post.. :cwds:

13. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Originally it was a rather harsher post, and I realized I don't want to sound like an idiot, hence, the edit. You can read the original on my vistor messages

14. wilf

wilf Approved members

Good you put it there, but I'd take it off there too. It makes you sound .. less mature.

15. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Ok, hmm, I wonder why people are even concerned about this.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  16. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oh I'll play along....
    people are "concerned" because you are posting in an adult forum and as such, people will expect you to behave in a mature manner and will treat you in a mature manner. I can think of quite a few teens who regularly post here, and are welcomed here. By posting things as you did, you seem much less mature than maybe you wish to come across, and you'll be treated in a manner fitting for a child. You may be asked to post in the teens forum or kids forum and your presence in the adult forums won't be welcomed.

That's why people are concerned.

17. Rukio

Rukio Banned

That actually wasn't what I met, I mean't why are people concerned about a doctor telling Obama supporters to find someone else.

18. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

It's like me going to a doc who won't accept seeing me because my mother-tongue is not English. It's just wrong.

19. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Oh. Thanks for helping me understand. Reminds me of a friend online I use to know, their family went to church, but the people at the church treated my friend badly just because they were gay :mad:.