- advertisement -

Do you wipe a dog's butt, and other dumb questions.

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by denise3099, Feb 14, 2012.

1. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Glad to be of service. :D

So I shaared with ds the info you guys provided and reassured him that, under normal circumstances, a dog is perfectly hygenic without the benefit of pants. Along with all of our other research, I emphasized that I thought this would be really good for him socially but that as he is making an informed decision, I will respect his wishes, since I can't exactly make him try it for a month and send her back if he changes his mind.

He said YES!!! Woo hoo!! :D :D :D

Honestly, if he made a choice, not out of fear or ingnorance, but out of personal preference, I would not have pushed him BUT I really do think he needs this. If I didn't think this would be good for him, I really woudn't have pushed it.

So in about a week and a half we are getting an almost 8 month old Spanish Water dog named Carmen. She's crate trained and knows some commands, has all her shots, and will be spayed by the time we get her. Her parents have had genetic testing and her family is registered so you can see all their hip "grades." I actually know more about this dogs family history than my own!

I am so excited. (And I'll probably be posting all of my dog trials and tribulations, as well as outrage the first time I step in poo. :eek: )

2. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

I've never wiped a dog's butt, but I have spent 3+ hours combing burrs out of a long haired Border Collie:eek:

We got our dog when he was 5 months old, and honestly, it was a lot of work. We went into it knowing that it was going to be difficult at first, but the payoff would come down the road. We took a pup that had lived with his mom & dad doggie and an elderly gentleman, and put him into a houseful of little people, that would freak a lot of humans out.:eek: There were many days when I wondered what in the world I was thinking when I decided to get another dog.

It took a ton of patience, but a year down the road it's a distant memory. He's fiercely loyal to the entire family, tolerates my 4 yr old better than her siblings do on most days:p & he can turn a 1,500 lb cow on a dime and send her in the barn. He's worth every dog mess I've had to clean up and then some:D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  3. theMask

theMask Approved members

Its my understanding that dogs who eat their own poo do so because of lack of nutrition, and feeding them bananas helps and I guess makes them quit eating their poo?