- advertisement -

Do you live north of Boston or southern NH....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coconne3, May 2, 2009.

1. coconne3

coconne3 Approved members

If you live in the area I am hosting a JDRF Networking Coffee this Thursday May 7th at the Haverhill Public Library. They always seem to be on the southshore so I thought I'd try bringing one up here. It was in the JDRF mailing this month but in case anyone doesn't get it, I thought I'd write it here. Email me or check JDRF website for more information. Thanks Colleen

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Hey Colleen, I live in southern NH.. I think Haverhill is a bit to far for me.. but what is a Networking Coffee? :)

3. allisa

allisa Approved members

I would LOVE to go....and Haverhill is literally the town next to me.....but.....ironically enough....we have an appt at Joslin on the 7th !!

Glad you posted this, anyways !!

4. coconne3

coconne3 Approved members

Hi

The networking coffees are sponsored by JDRF (baystate). They are hosted by families who choose to do so either at their house or another location (sometimes at teh Barton center).
    Usually there are 3-4/month all on different topics. You can choose a specific topic (camp, school issues, adolescents etc...)and they will have a speaker come to address the group or as in my case I just chose open discussion ( I really would like to meet others in the area) and at the library because my house is so small. There are "rules" and a sign in sheet they send you. We will see how it goes and maybe I'll have another one someday. I know there are other people in my area and since there doesn't seem to be a support group in the area, I thought this would be a way to meet some other parents.
    Too bad you live too far, I think "our" Kaylee's are about the same age :)
    Take care and thanks for replying. Let me know if you want more information.

PS the coffee is 6:30-8:30 Thursday

5. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Haverhill is right on the NH border!