- advertisement -

Do you keep your Dexcom G4 in a case?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, May 26, 2014.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Do you keep a Dexcom G4 in a case? We have been using a Tally Wear case for quite some time. It has started causing problems pushing the buttons like the plastic in front has hardened.

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

no not thru a case/belt. We take it out to look at.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

My daughter keeps hers in a SpiBelt; it stays on my bedside table overnight.

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Tallygear case and yes, now that I think of it, it may be harder to push the buttons. Granted she's used it 24/7 for 16 months. Things wear out. I think I'll just order a new one.

5. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

We keep it in the case it came with, which is so ugly, but has done a great job.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

HTML:

You know I think it is funny that the old Dexcom had a neoprene clear front case yet the G4 nothing.

7. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

When he's not at home, my son has his in a Tallygear belt with a clear window. No issues with button pushing yet but the belt is starting to sag so I'll need to replace it eventually anyway. My daughter just keeps hers in a pocket, usually.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

The neoprene Tallygears have an open area where the buttons are, so no having to push through plastic. The neoprene gets dirtier a lot faster than the regular fabric ones.

9. ksartain

ksartain Approved members

Our G4 came with a case. It looks like a paged, with a belt clip, but there's a clear cover over the screen and a big hole for the button.

10. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yes I did get that case, but the Dexcom 7+ had a much less bulky neoprene and zipper case version, I really liked it. my dd does not like the feel of the clip and it is bulky under her cloths.

11. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Mine keeps hers in her pocket or bag. No case. It's been a year and it's scratched up a bit but it works fine.

12. MEVsmom

MEVsmom Approved members

We use a Tallygear case with a clip and we love it. My daughter clips it to her pants or if we are out and about I might clip it to my purse.

13. AmyJoeBut

AmyJoeBut Approved members

We used a talley wear for a while and put it in a spibelt, but he just started using the case it came with the dexcom. I would like to find something different for him because it pulls his shorts down, but if he's happy, I'm happy (I guess.....) : )

14. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

For some activities my 7 year old son wears his in the same tummitote with clear window everyone is talking about here. It can go under his shirt and not be noticeable.

Many times, however, he keeps the receiver in a VELCRO pocket in his cargo shorts. Here it is not in the case. The case that it comes with is too bulky to be worn in the pockets - my son doesn't like to clip it on. I allow him to put his pump in a regular shorts/pants pocket because it is attached to him, but I am so afraid of losing the receiver that only VELCRO closure pockets are where he can wear the receiver. Other than that - tummitote.