- advertisement -

do you have to buy new battery caps or new cartridge caps for medtronic ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by C6H12O6, Oct 16, 2013.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

do you have to buy new battery caps or new cartridge caps for medtronic ?

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

The battery cap is basically indestructible. It gets a bit scratched if you are like me and use a coin to open it but it can't really break. I would imagine Medtronic would just replace the pump (under warranty) if it were to break. I don't think you can buy a new one.

There isn't really a cartridge cap. I think what you are talking about is built into the reservoir connector and you get a new one of those with each infusion set.

ETA: I just checked the online store and there is no battery cap listed. I believe any issues with it would result in replacement of the whole pump or medtronic would just send you a new cap.

ETA (again): So it looks like in Canada you can buy a battery cap online. I would guess though they would replace it free if you are under warranty.

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

Yeah, it doesn't have the cartridge caps like cozmo had. And they'll send a new battery cap if you need one. Free.

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Okay, I am going to be posting another related thread. Animas expects you to buy a new battery cap every 6 months. And every three months under certain circumstances

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

They replace broken clips for free as well, which I believe Animas charges for. My daughter has gone through a lot of clips.

6. Haljov2

Haljov2 Approved members

Our battery cap was warped from using a coin to open it and Medtronic replaced the whole pump -- two weeks before our warranty ran out.

7. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

All parts are free(in my experience) with Medtronic as long as the pump is under warranty, including harnesses and clips

8. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

5.5 years on the MM pump, and we never replaced a battery cap. Like others said, there is no cartridge cap.