- advertisement -

Do you go 2 or 3 days on your pump site changes?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Ali

Ali Approved members

Three days plus with Novolog with any set (steel or Teflon), two plus days Humolog or Apidra with any set. It may be my own physical reaction to the insulins, I know with Humolog the insulin clogged in my sets after two days and with Apidra it stops working as well, why?? I do not know. Novolog was the most stable and lasted the longest. I personally think it was a combination of the insulin clogging and my bodies own rejection reaction to the various insulins that caused the variability in how long I could use a set.ali

2. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

We use 6mm Mio's or Quicksets and Humalog. We also use Skin-tac. We can consistently get 2.5 days. After that...either the set starts peeling off and/or his numbers start creeping up.

3. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

We go 3 days using Novolog and Sure-T's. I think the infusion set and the insulin have a huge affect on how long a site will last. When we used silouettes with humalog they would only last 2 days. We switched to Novolog which worked OK most of the time for 3 days but then we switched to Sure-T's & we can definitely get 3 days.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We go 3 days and use Novolog with Silhouettes. When we forget and go 4 days, I'd say it's fine about 70% of the time, and about 30% of the time we see highs.