- advertisement -

Do you ever dream about diseases?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by carcha, Aug 12, 2010.

1. carcha

carcha Approved members

My daughter has Celiac and Type 1. In my dream last night, she was running around outside carrying a giant loaf of whole wheat bread that was covered in chocolate. She found a chain saw and attempted to cut the loaf in half with it. I became terrified and yelled and screamed at her to stop, knowing that she would get hurt by the chainsaw. She stopped, grabbed the loaf and ran to another part of the yard where there was another chainsaw and went right to work with that one, much to my horror. I woke up just as she was about to cut through the center of the loaf. My daughter has had several days of really crazy blood sugar numbers and I've been more worried about her than usual, but this is too much! I mean, a giant loaf of bread covered in chocolate - I think this one officially counts as a nightmare! :)

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

Well - I dream of my pretty 14 yr old getting chased by boys all the time! Does that count???? I mean, same disastrous consequences!

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I'm always having dreams where my meter registers numbers like 6482 or 1054. And I wake up kind of confused, thinking, "I didn't know my meter read that high..."

My mother once told me she'd had a nightmare that I was really hypo. She didn't know that I had in fact woken up with a low blood sugar that morning. I told her she was welcome to come by and check my blood sugar anytime she dreams it is low. She hasn't so far.

4. mom of four

mom of four Approved members

O.k. this is too funny. I had a dream a while back that I was a policewoman and instead of a gun I had a meter. The bad guys are coming and I'm fumbling the strips, and trying to load the thing, and of course the odds are really against me since one strip equals one shot. How on earth am I going to re-load in time?!

5. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

I have had dreams several times about Deanna being low...Deanna has had dreams where she is being chased by a huge giant straberry pop tart, or the cool aid man..you guys know who he is ..the giant pitcher of cool aid with legs and arms..everytime she has dreames like that she has in fact been low...

6. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

I had a dream about test strips ... Saturday nite we were at my parents and we slept there... There were only 4 test stips left in the canister and I was so careful to not mess them up ... it was on my mind all night.. i had 300 at our home, but only 4 at my mom's!! So that was my dream, I found 3 test strips that I had overlooked in the canister... oh gosh.. test strip dream. :eek:

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Nope, can't recall that I have. But DH recently dreamed someone asked him to go check our son's BG in the middle of night. I told him it was no dream.;)

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I often have dreams that I'm really low, and my meter reads numbers like "0.2mmol/l". :eek:

9. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

It's OT, but, no joke, I have been dreaming about Drew Carey practically every night now for a long time.. It's weird

10. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

I have diabetes dreams pretty frequently. I also have dreams that I get the diseases that my patients had that day. I've been seeing patients on a psychiatry rotation for the last month so I've had some scary dreams :eek: