- advertisement -

Do things deteriorate when an endo appointment is coming?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mph, Jul 18, 2010.

1. mph

mph Approved members

Things always seem to fall apart for the two weeks prior to an appointment ..........the two weeks they print off and look at.:eek:

His A1c is great, but they can not "see" how we do it. Drives me nuts. :cwds:

You know......I'm going to experiment next time (it's already too late for this time:eek:).....I'm not going to tell NICK that he as an upcoming appointment......I think it makes HIM nervous and his bgs show "nervous" hormonal effects. Hmmmmmmm. Something to consider.;)

BTW, going to the endo is a positive experience for him when all is said and done, but he just gets a "bit" nervous knowing he will be "in the hot seat" while there. He is very shy unless you talk reptiles, insects, or four-legged critters with him.:)

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Marci, this is a very real phenomenon that I call TCOUEV (the curse of the upcoming endo visit) Ive been planning to do a poll to see how many of us this effects and maybe decide how to fight it! Ive thought of not making the appt until the day before but most offices frown on that;):)

3. mph

mph Approved members

:)Yes, our endo appointments are made 3-4 months in advance.

His bgs usually look great right AFTER the appt.:rolleyes:

4. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

yep, it happens here too.

His numbers have been surprisingly good this summer until last week when they started creeping up and up and up. No rhyme or reason to it.:mad:

Endo appt is in 2 weeks, and I'm dreading the A1c.

5. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Yep - the same thing happens for us, too. Somehow we always have endo visits scheduled right after "difficult" times - holidays, summer camp, etc., so we miss out on the satisfaction of a great A1c when numbers have been going well until soon before the visit. Luckily, we love our endo and the visits are always positive and productive, but it sure would be nice to know they're seeing us at our best, not our worst!