- advertisement -

do people in your house wait until its out?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sam1nat2, Dec 21, 2009.

1. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Why am I never told we need something until we are OUT???

Was just told we are out of kids toothpaste, of course they won't use mine:rolleyes: Seems the tube sprouted legs and walked out of their bathroom (possible considering a certain toddler loves to steal toothpaste)

How about toilet paper--love hearing about that when we are out and I have to use kleenex.

I make sure we don't run out of test strips, syringes, insulin and silk soy milk for Sophie---anything else, make sure its on the list or we may run out!!

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Emma told me she was using her last nighttime pullup on Friday night - by the way, it was already snowing at the beginning of a 22" snowstorm! Doh!

3. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I am always the last to know. What galls me is when they finish something that I use A LOT and don't tell me till I'm making something that requires it.

Or when Jenn finishes the milk late night and there's none for coffee or cereal the next morning. That frosts me.

4. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

HAHAHAHAHA I do that all the time to my dad! I tell him I am out of juice. It makes him so angry because it always happens at 10 at night.
    Of course I am perfectly capable of going to get it myself, but we don't live in the best part of town, she he goes and gets it.

5. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Nancy, what did you do??? That's another one I make sure I don't run out of is diapers. Sophie is obsessed with shoving wipes in her mouth and will get in to them whenever she can. She ate the last one the other day and I had to get the kids to get me wet paper towels:rolleyes:

I love the "i don't have any clean underwear" bit too. I do my kids laundry, but they have to bring it downstairs, I refuse to go get it from their room. I've told a kid before to turn them inside out and I'm sure Sam went commando in his sport pants before due to this:eek:

6. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

Its usually milk and toilet paper here. The kids have their own bathroom so I never know how much they have. I also dont drink milk, so unless Im using it to cook, I dont pay attention to the amount.

7. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

I have actually trained everyone here that if there isn't enough milk for my coffee in the morning there will be ----to pay. They know if they don't have any for in the morning they go without until I get to the store but there better be some for my coffee.
    They run out of toilet paper all the time (they have their own bathroom) they don't like it when they have to use paper towels but they haven't learned to let me know when they are on the last roll.

8. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

HAHAHAHAHAHA...I got my boys this morning. Their mom and I used the last of the milk on our cereal this morning before we left for work! Turn about is fair play! :D

9. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

Our boys leave empty boxes in the pantry. The other day I went to get something to eat and found 6 empty boxes - granola bars, cereal bars cookies, etc...

10. Toni

Toni Banned

I will say: I do particularly watch out for the toilet paper.:eek: Most of us will see when the grocery items are starting to run out.

11. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

my kids do this also. I have what we call "the snack fridge" I stock it up once a month and go to see what is left and pull out all kinds of empty boxes.

12. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Well yes.

I leave for work in the morning before Lia and dh are even awake. We have one bathroom.

I also pick Lia up from school each day. Yesterday we came home and she ran inside to go to the bathroom. I was carrying in some bags and took a few minutes to get inside. Just to hear her yelling that there was no toilet paper on the roll. Apparently dh had used the last of it in the morning and then they left to go to work/school and he didn't bother to replace it.

I asked her what they would do without me to change the T.P. roll.