- advertisement -

Disney

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by minniem, Oct 31, 2013.

1. minniem

minniem Approved members

We are thinking of taking a trip to Disney. Does anyone have any information about riding the rides with an Omnipod and a Dexcom? This is our first vacation with the Omnipod and Dexcom. (Last time we had the medtronic pump and simply disconnected for the rides and took the pump off).

Can you take the Dexcom receiver on the rides too? My son usually wears it attached to his belt loop.

I called the companies, but I just wanted to hear from people in real life what they do.

Thanks!

2. Kunkfam

Kunkfam Approved members

My son wears both the pod and dexcom. He has been on the rides many times and never had a problem with either one! Enjoy your trip!

3. Mish

Mish Approved members

never had a problem, never disconnected any pump. :) Been oodles of times since dx.

4. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

We are in Orlando right now. This is the third time we've been here with the Pod and the first with the Dexcom. No issues with rides. Hana wore for receiver attached to belt loop but tucked in pocket. Or I just held the PDM and receiver if it was a ride I wasn't going on.

5. minniem

minniem Approved members

Thanks for the replies. :cwds: