- advertisement -

Disappointed

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Christopher, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I think the ban was enacted because of personal dislike for the one banned by another person. I don't always agree with everything everyone says here, but when they give good advice and are always open to helping others, what does it say about the mods if a person is banned. I agree with Paula: UNDO THAT BAN!!

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I have seen things like this on other sites. You have a new moderator who wants to "flex their muscle", or maybe has an issue with a member and then once they get that "power" they let their emotions get the better of them and do something that is not appropriate. Usually in those cases that I have seen, the moderator is removed from that role, once it becomes clear they are not a good fit for that type of responsibility.

I am not saying that is the case here, I don't know, just relating what I have seen on other sites.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I am de-lurking (against my better judgement) to offer my support for Lee as well. Not only is she one of the nicest people IN REAL LIFE, I"m talking about a real life friend, but she's bring so much to the table that is unique and valuable: she's got a teenage girl, she's a single mom dealing with "ex" parenting and diabetes, she's a working full time mom who travels, she has a child who pumps, cgms, untethers. The list goes on and on and on.

Plus, she knows where to find all the good salad bars. :)

The end.

4. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

The main problem I've had with this board is all the editing and deleting of posts and threads that goes on. How can anyone judge for themselves what's happened if everything changes and vanishes all the time?

5. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

Ok, so if I understand this correctly, and let's just call a spade a spade because we all know who we're talking about here... Heather copied a PRIVATE message that Becky sent and posted it PUBLICLY on the OT forum. And Becky's the one who got banned?? Are you serious? And is it also true that Heather is a new moderator? If so, perhaps we should all go look at her publicly visible wall on face book where people are talking about CWD, good and bad, because perhaps that's a conflict of interest. No?? Oh ****, I'm probably banned now, too. Humph.

6. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

I haven't been on CWD in forever, becky and lee got banned???:mad::mad::mad: I can't believe this happened, I never thought they were more trouble than the average member, I honestly can't think of a single time they were way out of line here..... this is so sad, I love CWD and it hurts to think they would kick people out:mad:

that said I have no idea what happened, like none at all....

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Lee = Becky

8. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Lee chose to leave in a way that was rather definitive. It seemed best to leave it that way, but it can always be changed.

And carrying issues from here to Facebook is not a positive way to resolve anything.

9. 2ladybugs

2ladybugs Approved members

You made me spit my coffee out Andee!! Thanks a lot!

Chris ~ I agree. Ethics should be brought into question here. To be a moderator, you need to be able to remove your personal feelings. This clearly was not done. It appears to be a personal attack and one that has been taken too far. And for what?? To prove a point?? What point would that be?! The moderator should be removed of such duties until everything has been reviewed and things settle down. Nuff said.

Frizzy ~ does she really know where ALL the good salad bars are?! If so, I'm visiting!! LOL! ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  10. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

I don't know of the offensive post, but there is something to be said for a person who has dedicated years to this forum, and thousands of posts. I have had arguments and "words" with other members of this forum. It's the nature of this forum, due to the stress of managing this disease and the fact that our precious children have it, to sometimes get a little angry. Perhaps a warning, or a temporary ban would be in order for anyone who is out of line (not saying that Lee deserves even that, but just saying).

It's not just an insult to Lee, but an insult to any of us that have spent hours helping others. There are so many great parents here, and I would also hate to see them jumping ship because of this insult. How horrible to do this to a person that has given so much of themselves to others. I would hate to see any contributing member be banned.

11. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I'll echo what everyone else has said. Becky is a true friend, on and offline, and a great asset to this site (which is probably why her posts are still here). What a punch in the face this is. And not just to Becky, but to all the past, current, and future members who will know nothing of the way CWD used to be.

And I'll also add that if Heather mods publicly the way she behaves "privately," you're all in for a huge disappointment. I hope everyone is prepared to have her get offended on your behalves, and send PMs flying left and right. Oh, until she can't send them anymore, then she'll just post them in OT. Ridiculous.

12. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

For the record, I banned Lee.

Any issues -- bring them to me in PMs.

We are definitely done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.