- advertisement -

didn't want to hijack another thread

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hmmmcormick, Oct 19, 2010.

1. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

So, who is like me, and does not have GPS and has no intention of getting it? :p

2. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Me!! I have no clue how I'd use it, still working on figuring out my blackberry, only so much technology I can handle at once:D

3. joan

joan Approved members

I LOVE my GPS. Before I had one,whenever I drove, especially to different schools for sport events or foreign ice rinks I always had such a fear I would never find my way. The entire ride I was nervous I would be late or get very lost, now I plug in my gps and drive stress free. A real life changer for me.

4. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

"Garmin" told me she didn't want to give you directions, anyway.:p

5. Andii

Andii Approved members

I didn't want one, so of course I got TWO for Christmas last year:D

6. wilf

wilf Approved members

No GPS for me.. :cwds:

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i don't have one, but i really want one LOL! Right now if ken or I have to go someplace out of town we borrow either my parents GPS or his parents GPS. It would be nice to have our own.

8. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

No GPS for me, either.

My sister and I went to a concert last week and she has a fancy-schmancy phone GPS which she insisted upon using, it drove me absolutely bonkers. I've usually got 4 kids yelling/laughing/singing/fighting in the back, the annoying woman telling me to turn left in .3 miles could potentially put me over the edge:p.

My sister's phone battery died before we got back to the car, and she wanted to sit in a dark parking lot in downtown Pittsburgh at 1 am and wait for the phone to power up so we would have directions home:eek:. No way, baby! The car had a compass, and as long as we're headed east we'll eventually get home;).

9. Jessica L

Jessica L Approved members

no gps for me either. I mapquest if I need to and go from there.

10. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I have one, but we've only needed it a few times, when in Seattle and southern WA State. Most of the time it stays in the console, locked up, even though it's the cheapest model. I also hate cell phones and only use 1 on Thursdays to order sushi on the way home from work(my husband is the driver) We only have 1 because there's no pay phones anymore!!!

11. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Me! I have no problem finding places with real maps or mapquest. And I've had too many issues with other people trying to find a place with their gps and getting lost.

I'm sure they work well most of the time but I'm not gonna waste my money.

12. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Same here no GPS for me I use google maps or my iphone map. I always say, "I'm the GPS" and my wife laughs.

13. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

From a teens prospective being a younger driver sometimes when I'm driving further from home it's kinda of nice to have at least the first time out, then next time I don't really need it. I also have a hand held for when we do backpacking trips, but it's mostly for the security that if we do get lost then we have it(YES I can use the old school way!) but as a female having the GPS means I don't have to stop and ask strangers for directions which takes out the scary factor, If you don't have one, but have teens who will be driving consider it, because it is helpful especially when you first do long distances

14. lynn

lynn Approved members

It took me years to bow to the pressure of programming telephone numbers into my phone. I finally did it though. Guess what? I don't know ANYBODY'S phone number anymore!! If I don't have my phone then I'm dead in the water if I want to make a phone call.

Do I really want to do that with my driving? No thanks!

15. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

yea, me too. I live in suburbia, everything I need or could possibly want well within 5 mile radius. The joke is that we can go for weeks without even leaving "the bubble" as we so affectionately call my area of town

16. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

ya know... if it could go by landmarks instead of street signs, I could be on board.

Turn at the white house on the left... YOUR OTHER LEFT... then, at the huge rock, take a right....

and of cource, only if it was a sexy male voice to.:D

17. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I have a map.

18. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Ha Ha Ha Ha...I should have got one a LONG time ago! It's GREAT for work...Hmmmm I wonder it I can write it off:D I bet I can:D

Did you know that when you punch in a business as a point of interest that it gives you their phone number too??? :D

19. Jessica L

Jessica L Approved members

lol Same here. My sister in law posted something on facebook about her kids being at chucky cheese for a b-day party. I said something about not knowing we had one and my sister who lives in Ca came back with "of course you didnt know, its not in walmart" lol I have everything I need on this side of town I can order anything else from online and have no reason to drive 20 min to the other side of town but if I do I can map it online first.

20. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

That is me, too. Just the other day I mentioned something about gps to dh and he doesn't want one either. We can both read maps. Btw, he doesn't even have a cell phone :eek: If he isn't at work or home I have no way to reach him, just the way he likes it, I'm sure. LOL