- advertisement -

Did you turn in your pump?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by 22jules, Apr 30, 2012.

1. 22jules

22jules Approved members

We are in the process of upgrading our pump. For those that have done this, did you keep your old pump as a back-up or did you trade it in? I would love to have the trade in credit but wonder whether it is important to have a back-up, now that we are in a position to have one.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed.

Thanks!

2. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Did anyone else question this? I would appreciate any responses.:D

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Mine wasn't working so I traded it in for the cash credit. I don't personally think it's that important to have a "back up" pump, since every company will overnight a replacement to you, or if it is truly an exceptional situation (such as a long holiday weekend) courier one to you if you request it.

It's a relatively minor inconvenience to go back on MDI for a day.

4. zuzinka

zuzinka Approved members

we have kept our since it was still working and already used it on our holidays, when by coincidence the pump went swimming :)

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Took the money :) Figured that they provide replacements and that we could always make MDI work in a real emergency.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I plan on keeping ours. My son would FREAK. OUT. if we had to go back to shots, even for a day.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We kept one. It was in perfect condition. If the one they were wearing quit then I just just put that pump on while waiting a day or so to get the replacement. Tried once doing shots until we got the replacement and that was difficult to maintain the normal BG's they had been having. If it was a testing day or something like that I want normal as BG's as possible.

8. sweetpea

sweetpea Approved members

We kept ours. We have two working Cozmos for what good it does us.

9. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Thanks for the replies--I'm leaning toward keeping it. Erin's pump "Lola" really is in good condition and I think I would like the peace of mind.

10. selketine

selketine Approved members

I turned it back in - I think it was $500 credit they gave us which made the new pump cost almost nothing. I haven't regretted it - only once did his pump die and we went to shots for about 36 hours. It wasn't horrible but he isn't upset with shots - and I always keep lantus.

11. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

We took the credit. I figured once it sat around without being used for long enough, it probably wouldn't work anyway if the new one broke down.