- advertisement -

DID anybody see this Article..???? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MrsBadshoe, Feb 16, 2011.

1. sahmcolorado

sahmcolorado Approved members

I'm 43. Like I said, I don't know anything about this - just some thoughts and ideas to consider (although, I do know that autism has been hugely redefined, which has lead to a huge increase in numbers beyond just increases in actual cases).

It's probably some of everything. I would just say that it's not smart to jump onto any one idea as "the answer" like this dope did. Life is more complex than that and not every statistic is what it seems (or what it is portrayed to be).

2. Kazee6

Kazee6 Approved members

When Wyatt was diagnosed I went with the environmental reasons for his diagnosis, however now that two out of three have been diagnosed I find it hard to believe there isn't some genetic link to their T1.

As for this guy and his article, he's simply uneducated about D and the effects it has on not only the individual dx, but the family as well. Hopefully, now that many of you have enlightened him he will seriously think twice about any future articles. The sad thing is that his lack of education is rampant among a large majority of the population. I spend a lot of time educating people I meet about T1 and hope that they are able to pass that information on to others.

3. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Quack...and that is the nicest word I can think of printing

4. wilf

wilf Approved members

If it walks like a quack and talks like a quack and ducks like a quack, then it's probably a quack..