- advertisement -

DID anybody see this Article..???? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MrsBadshoe, Feb 16, 2011.

1. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

He sent an email stating tomorrow he will be printing a retraction. It stupid reasoning as to why there were such greivous errors but at least he felt the wrath of displeased type 1's and their caregivers. I posted it on page 5 or 6.

Can you avoid diabetes?
    By BOB WILCHER -- FEB. 16, 2011

I really don?t like to see diabetics, especially type 2 diabetics, who talk about the disease as being a genetic problem that they have no control over. Has our society really convinced us of this? Diabetes was just about obsolete 150 yrs ago. It was very rare to find someone who had the disease, type 1 or type 2. Now, it?s out of control. Are our genes really getting worse and causing more of us to acquire this illness?

A child who acquires type 1 is much different that an adult who acquires type 1. Maybe a child was born with a worse hand? Could a child?s diabetic situation arise from their parent?s decisions in life such as lack of activity and overconsumption of processed sugars? If that is possible then maybe the child inherited genes that were mores predisposed to the condition. Or maybe it?s a combination of genes and lifestyle. Many researchers are claiming that childhood diabetes type 1 and type 2 could be related to excess sugar intake and a poor quality diet. Children consuming sodas, juices, milkshakes and candy in excess may be a big contributing factor in acquiring type 1 or type 2. A child who consumes these choices in excess and is more sedentary and has parents who are sedentary may just have the recipe for early onset diabetes of either type.

Both type 1 and type 2 are on the rise and this is unacceptable. Does it have anything to do with the fact that America is mainly overweight and sedentary? Do we have some control over our own health or is it just completely up to the medical community to fix us when we get sick? Can someone actually reverse their diabetic status? When it comes to type 2 diabetes the verdict is out. Absolutely! What about type 1? That still needs a lot more research and in-depth studies, but there is mounting evidence that a change in lifestyle in a type 1 diabetic can significantly help them.

Type 2 diabetes is clearly the more prominent type and it has absolutely been linked to lifestyle. This is a very debilitating disease that creates many negative changes in one?s body which can lead to serious problems and early death. But it?s possible to reverse it through natural methods. What is wrong with us? I would think every practitioner in the world will acknowledge that a lifestyle change would greatly change a type 2 diabetics condition.

Will we ever change the trends? I don?t know. It seems that exercise and eating healthy are something that people just don?t have time for. That blows me away. Why is it an option? Everything in your life improves when you make regular exercise and healthy eating a priority. I guess the majority of us just don?t see it that way, but for those of you who do please encourage a less healthy friend to make 2011 the year of change. Maybe this is the way to start the trend of a healthier America.

Bob Wilcher is a Chiropractor and personal trainer in Santa Barbara, CA. He owns , a personal and group training studio also located in Santa Barbara, CA.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. shekov

shekov Approved members

Wow. Just ....Wow.

Going to email this idiot right now.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

:mad: Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about.. He's neither a dr nor a scientist. He's looking for a business boost by using diabetes as a scare tactic. Was this article in a paper or magazine?

4. swellman

swellman Approved members

one word - Chiropractor

5. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Were was this article published? can you provide us with that link? I don't know if this guy is worth the effort of "educating" him. He just need to be slap in the face, I'm sorry that was just what I felt after reading his nonsense.

6. Alex's Dad

You beat me to it swellman, I thought the same thing.

7. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Link removed as to not push the Google listing of the paper's site.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. Deal

Deal Approved members

He is using his extensive background as a chiropractor to come up with this hypothesis. If you really want to get to him report him to the chiropractor's association. http://www.acatoday.org/

9. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

He's an idiot.

10. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

A chiropractor AND personal trainer. LOL.

11. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I do go to a chiropractor who also gives nutritional counseling but he would never be so dumb as to think he knew all about autoimmune diseases and how to prevent and eradicate them. This guys a complete and utter as...I mean moron;) I so wish people would stick to their own area of expertise and not try to one up major reasearchers with their useless, ignorant drivel

12. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I think he needs to invest in a dictionary and a thesaurus ex "Diabetes was just about obsolete 150 yrs ago"

13. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

A better way to get back its to do a less than gleaming review off his business, wonder how much of his clientele has diabetes

14. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

I wrote him a lovely comment and then deleted it, cause after 3 hours sleep, I was not very polite...;)

15. Trev

Trev Approved members

Do you have the link to the orignal source. Before I respond and refute this person's article. Cheers.

16. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

Well, there were very few people with type 1 diabetes 150 years ago. He got that right - because insulin hadn't been discovered yet.

17. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

This article sickens me....

Is there any evidence out there that links type 1 diabetes and lifestyle?

18. Alex's Dad

Are you serious?

19. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

I am completely serious. autoimmune and or possible environmental, chemicals in food etc are the only possible causes I have read about.

20. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

What a nitwit, this has to be Halle Berry's personal trainer