- advertisement -

Diapers

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Leece, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Leece

Leece Approved members

I really wish I could find a diaper that did not leak. My DD must have the cleanest bed ever. We seem to wash it every other day due to leakage. I have now resorted to double sheeting her bed. Water Proof Mattress protector, sheet, water proof pad, an other sheet and a blanket on top (so that she doesn't feel the pad). I'm not even talking about times when she is high or the site failed. The diapers seem to leak all the time.

2. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Have you tried using the goodnights from pullups they are super absorbent and we never had a problem with any irritation or anything like that from them.

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We have the same problem. Emma still sleeps in pullups (or whatever brand we get) because highs cause her to pee and juice form lows, well, causes her to pee. Not a lot of input to add, but Emma also has the cleanest sheets around!

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I know this will sound silly, but maybe try a smaller size?:eek: I know with my oldest I had to do that when he wore diapers. The size he was supposed to get was just a bit too large, so it leaked more.

Also, I don't know if this has any truth to it, but the elastic thingy around the legs - some people say don't pull it out (like I always did). Supposedly, it works better if you leave it inside.

5. Mom of 3 BOYS

Mom of 3 BOYS Approved members

funny that you mention that, i was going to say have you tried a size bigger... i have a 15 month old and every time he starts to leak i get a bigger size.(we use 7th generation and they seem to work good.)

i heard the same thing about the elastic...

6. CaelinsMommy

CaelinsMommy Approved members

We've always gone a size bigger when the diapers got leaky or tried a different brand/style :) Caelin recently stopped wearing pull-ups and the only place she has accidents are in MY bed snuggled up to ME :rolleyes:

7. shekov

shekov Approved members

We switched to goodnights per advice received here.

They are designed for older kids so, I believe, designed to hold more ....um...pee. :eek:

forgot to add that they are costly but if you average in the time and $you are spending on all of that laundry, it's WELL worth it.

8. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

It's so unfair that ppl who don't wet the bed, don't get their sheets changed. :p When dd was little and first dx, and esp before dx, she was wetting the bed and had the freshest sheets on the block, and poor ds NEVER got his sheets changed. It was just too much laundry and her sheets were always in the wash.:rolleyes:

9. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

I thought DS had the cleanest sheets! We have the same problem here. To help we usually change his diaper when we do the 2 or 3 AM BG check. I sometimes also walk him to the bathroom at this time and try to get him to pee before putting on a fresh diaper. I use whatever brand . . . Costco, Huggies, Target - I don't see much difference in any of them. :cwds:

10. Kimby

Kimby Approved members

A friend's child did a science experiment & Target brand holds more liquid than Huggies or Pampers according to the young scientist.

11. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I don't have to deal with night time diapers anymore but IME during the day, Luvs hold more pee than Huggies or Pampers.

Maybe you could get some samples from various friends or freecycle (Wanted: 1 pampers diaper, 1 huggies overnight....)LOL And then see how much water they can hold.

12. Leece

Leece Approved members

Thank you for the suggestions... I was going to try the Pull-up (she has her own idea's about those) I'll try again later... going to try the elastic thing tonight and maybe Huggies? We do not have target here in Canada. What store do you buy Luv's?

13. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

We used cloth diapers (not popular but we loved them!) and for DD's early days with diabetes it was such a good thing. We could add doublers to increase the holding power. Not sure if they make something similar for disposable dipes but is there an insert you can add to increase absorbency without needing more dipes? Maybe something like G-diapers? I think they make refills that are disposable or flushable...but I've never used them.

And...in case you would ever consider cloth...washing a few nighttime diapers a week is a lot easier than washing sheets, blankets and mattress pads a few times a week ;)

14. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I don't know about Canada...here, you can buy Luvs at Kroger, Target, Walmart, Kmart and other stores.

15. Blue

Blue Approved members

I want to second the love for cloth diapers . . . I don't know what I would do without my cloth diapers! I've even figured out how many inserts to add based on his glucose levels before bed. :D

16. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

I cloth diapered my daughter Emely until she was potty trained at 3 1/2 years and never had any leaks. At night we used Fleece covers with chinese or indian prefolds.

I also want to give a vote towards Luvs diapers. I've tried huggies, luvs, and pampers and i think luvs work the best at night.

i did a google for luvs diapers in Canada and it looks like they're only sold in US stores. If you want to try them bad enough you could always order them online and have them shipped to your house, though i'm guessing that could get costly.

17. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

We had the same problem!

The only thing I could find that helped keep DS dry was Pampers. P was the same way, always leeking through, but Pampers were the only ones that helped.

I wouldnt try pull ups, they are meant to hold less.

If all else fails we started doing a diaper change at midnight. Even now at the age of 4, we get him to pee in the middle of the night, to help cut down on accidents.

Also I noticed when I was at Sobeys last week, I think in the west it is Safeway. They now carry Fisher Price Diapers...they have night time diapers. you should look and see if you can find them there. I just checked online they also carry them at toys r us, costco and sears here in NS. Good luck

18. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

We started with cloth, and ended up with size 7 Pampers, sometimes with cloth over and always with a change in the middle of the night. Nothing worked. HOWEVER, Ikea sells the best rubber bed pad in their baby section. That way, we only had to change the pad, rarely the sheet. Put a fitted sheet with a pad on top, then another set on top of that. That way, you can remove the first set and the second set is there waiting. If you don't have an Ikea handy, you can order PUL from ebay and do the same thing.