- advertisement -

Diabetic supply bag

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by bdwhiddon, Jul 28, 2011.

1. bdwhiddon

bdwhiddon Approved members

Hi everyone. DS has this great bag given to him by LIlly at camp one year. Now we have worn it out and he needs another bag to carry every where with him. I cannot seem to find one. On Lilly's site I do not even see any bags for sale. :confused:

Do you know of a place to buy these?

We do NOt want a tiny one. He needs to be able to carry a few snacks in it.

The one we have is camo. so he would like another one like that.

Any sources?

One company I found was going to charge me $140 for a bag. I don't think so:mad:

2. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Do you have a picture of it you can post?

3. Victoria!

Victoria! Approved members

Have you checked your local Army/Navy surplus store? I would think you could get something pretty cool there

4. Victoria!

Victoria! Approved members

5. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

They routinely give them out at camp.. it looks almost like a lunch box, right? zips on the side, has a carry handle, but a strap as well, mesh pocket in the inside? You could try and call lilly or ask your endo's office if they have any.. they usually give them to recently dx kids.

I have one that I'd offer up, but its pink camo... ;)

7. kgerrick

kgerrick Approved members

I know exactly what you're talking about. We have a pink one. Wish I could help, sorry. Good luck finding one!

8. MNmommy

MNmommy Approved members

If you haven't found what you were looking for, try this...it looks similar to the camo one, but with a two sided case instead of one sided like the one you have (we also have the camo bag, but they sent Evan a pink one :rolleyes:. My daughter used it as a lunch box in the 4th grade). Hope this helps. :)

http://www.insulincase.com/catalog2.pdf

Here is the description:

Medi-Fridge AccelWell Travel Pouch Medicine Cooler & Organizer:
    A Cooler Compartment with an insulated and foil-lined cooler for medicines which utilizes Techni-Ice, a reusable high tech ice pack, for keeping medicines cools up to 13 hours in 100 degree constant temperature! Also, has an Organizer Compartment for the storage of testing and medicine supplies. Consult with the Manufacturer of any medicines to make sure that the cooler meets the requirements for ?safe? cooling. Note: Supplies Not Included! Shoulderstrap included
    Sku:MF003 Our Price $15.98

9. missa_mama

missa_mama New Member

I am so glad that I have found this blog! I too have the same problem, my daughter has a pink camo bag that looks horrible and i want to throw it out! I love the way its made and its big enough that it doesnt get misplaced... well, not too often! I have been on this computer for the past 4 hrs. trying to find it but I have had no luck. I know she got it from her endo when she was first diagnosed about two years ago. if anyone has any idea, I am so desperate!

10. LJM

LJM Approved members

I think I have a red and green LL Bean bag given out by Lily. They are too small for DS's gear. I will see if I still have them. Be happy to have them put to use...

11. LJM

LJM Approved members

If these are the bags you are talking about--I have red and green. The red one is pristine. The green one has Carter's name in it. PM me with info if you would like me to mail them to you.

12. TheTestingMom

TheTestingMom Approved members

My son's D-camp gave these to the kids at the end of their stay. We haven't used it yet, but it's a nice bag.