- advertisement -

Diabetic movie patron kicked out for bringing strawberries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kvnc, Mar 29, 2014.

1. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

We generally don't sneak food into the movie theater. She has a couple of pre-counted ziplock bags of skittles in her bag, but I wouldn't think you'd get turned away for that. It'd be like getting turned away for having a tin of Altoids in your purse. But if they did, I probably would be OK with it and I'd buy a Sprite for her if she felt low. Honestly, rule are rules and there's nothing magic about her skittles. Sprite will work just as well.

The one time I brought food in was for my daughter's birthday. She took some friends to the movies to celebrate and I brought a cupcake in a cellophane bag for each girl and my other two kids. I'm sure the workers saw me take them out of my purse, but my guess is they didn't say anything because it was one of those restaurant like theaters where you can buy real food and I had a bill of $150 in lunch for my family and her friends. It's not like I was really trying to get away from something.