- advertisement -

Diabetes fail today!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We've all been there, coasting along and everything is working well, and then BAM!

Well, not quite so dramatic for me, but annoying as H#&@!

I went to put a new Dexcom sensor on Emma. We use SkinTac as that seems to be the only thing that will keep it on. I pulled out the little spongy applicator and went to put some on the back of her arm. It started running down her arm - I guess I didn't squeeze it out against the side of the bottle well enough. I'm sitting at the kitchen table so I turn and grab a napkin to wipe her arm.

Does anyone see where this is headed?

I turn back around, with the napkin, to wipe her arm, and my hand hits the bottle of SkinTac. LIQUID ADHESIVE SPILLS ALL OVER THE TABLECLOTH, TABLE, MY JEANS (new this week, thank you very much), AND THE HARDWOOD FLOOR!

Needless to say, a few choice expletives flew out of my mouth and hubby came running in to see what was wrong. I asked him to help get the tablecloth off and he manages to step all in the liquid adhesive on the floor - and then walks away. So, I have man-size sticky footprints on my floor, sticky stuff on my brand new (not even washed) jeans, and my tablecloth!

This disease just sucks some days! :( :)

2. mcphelster

mcphelster Approved members

I'm so sorry, that sounds like something that would happen to me, for sure. We are one week past diagnosis, so not with a pump yet, but have already had moments that test my sanity, hehe. Hang in there, Mom! :)

3. Melissata

Melissata Approved members

OMG, I knew right away where it was going, but it was worse than I thought! I am always so worried about the Skin tac and Mastisol spilling especially after the one time she went away with school and it spilled out in her case ruining a bunch of stuff. Hope the day gets better!

4. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

hahaha. So sorry this happened, but gave me a good chuckle! Never had one quite so dramatic, but certainly have had sticky stuff everywhere!!!

5. suej

suej Approved members

My spilling the whole insulin reservoir while filling it (and daydreaming) all over really pales into significance. Insulin does have strange smell. Sorrry - does acetone get it off?

6. Mo1

Mo1 Approved members

Glad you didn't stick your kid to the table or floor. Boo diabetes!!!!