- advertisement -

Diabetes Camp Surprise

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lindy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

MM transmitters are $600.

2. Ali

Ali Approved members

I was afraid I was not remembering accurately the cost from almost four years ago:p I am so happy I have not had to replace my transmitter yet as I pay for it all out of pocket.:p The sensors are bad enough on a regular basis.:cwds:ali

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Taped down with a big piece of Hypafix, my sensors would stay on for all of that. What tape do you use?

I have to say, I'd find my CGMS even more vital during all of those activities!

4. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

A plus to using the omnipod - he can go swimming with it on! I forget to think about the traditional pumps, and the disconnecting, connecting, time without basals etc... I can understand if they are in the water a lot - the traditional pumps would be more of a challenge.

I can't imagine having any decisions made on the cgm info, other than - let's do a BG and see where he is at. Our son is on the swim team (pool) and lives in the water at our cabin in the summer (lake). We find that lake water is much nicer to tape, then the pool. He may have to apply some extra tape every now and then, but so far we haven't lost a transmitter! Knocking on wood right now!

We'll have to see what our son wants to do, and what would be easiest for him!

Would be great to meet up with you Rachel!