- advertisement -

diabetes buddy?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by mustangamanda8, Nov 4, 2009.

1. mustangamanda8

mustangamanda8 Approved members

Hey, Im Amanda,
    let me give you a slight introduction..
    im 17 and ive had type one for 16 years.
    i have never been in control,
    i am just now workin my butt off to try to start,
    but it seems like i need motavation, or someone to talk to about it,
    or just be friends with someone who has it!

no one in my town really knows..ive had people tell me that i have an std..gosh sometimes people are just so stupid..

hopefully i can find a few new pals :)

2. techman93

techman93 Approved members

Hey buddy!

Hey, if you have any questions or need any support feel free to PM me or w/e. I've had diabetes for 10 years, and have a pretty good knowledge of diabetes.:cwds:

3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hey, I'm Kiersten and I'm 18 years old. I have had diabetes almost 4 years (it will be 4 years next month). Welcome to CWD:)
    If you need someone to talk to, I am more than willing to lend an ear.
    I'm in college right now, so I know what you mean about motivation.
    I'm here if you need me!

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Hey Amanda,
    I'm Rae. I've had d for 11.5 years. We are all here to support each other. We're going through the same stuff or have gone through it at some point. Feel free pm me anytime. If you have a question don't be afraid to ask it, it has probably been asked before. We're glad to have you here :cwds:

5. mustangamanda8

Thanks! its nice to know that people feel the same.
    ..this may sound dumb but what is PM?

6. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

a pm is a private message. If you click on someone's username that is one of the options you will be given.

7. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Hi Amanda! Welcome to cwd, I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. :) Anyway, I'm Kaela, I'm 16, and I've had type 1 for 7 years. Glad you found this site, and don't be afraid to ask ANYTHING, I'm sure one of us will have the answer. :)

And a PM is a private message, if you click on someone's name in a thread you will see a drop-down menu of options and it should be one of them. If not, just go to their profile and there will be a link. It's sort of like a private email, but it's sent through cwd. And feel free to send me one, if you have specific questions about anything - diabetes related or not. :)

8. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Hi Amanda! I'm the same Emily over on DD :D. Glad you found us! Feel free to ask us anything!

9. mustangamanda8

:)

HEY!! haha im glad you found me! thanks so much!

10. wilf

wilf Approved members

Hey there, just passing through and saw your post. Good for you for wanting to turn things around.

Wanted to let you know that the Parents forum is full of people who have years of experience managing D - using every kind of insulin, on injections or pumping. More knowledgeable than many doctors. So if you have any specific Qs about how to change your insulin regimen to get yourself into range, please feel free to check in there. Or PM me if you like.. :cwds:

11. kaleidoscopestars

kaleidoscopestars Approved members

I'm here for you too Amanda. :)
    Just dont give up! I think the best part is how rewarding taking care of yourself is. You feel so great.
    I have always had bad control too...but Im getting better. I think its just something every diabetic goes through.
    Try to find something that really motivates you, and then try to connect it with checking your sugars more, or eating healthy, or exercise. :)
    Like for me, I love writing. I just let it all out on paper, and that is how I deal with it. Or when Im feeling mad, I like to dance it off. It feels great. :)
    And I love to bake and cook. Making something new and healthy is fun for me.
    You can message me if you would like!!!! I'm here for you Amanda! Dont give up!
    -Shelby

12. beck95

beck95 Approved members

hey i'm Rebekah i'm fourteen and have had d four nine and a half years. just wondering if you are pumping or not?